BikeQuip / ST-Accessories News

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
jfheath said:
I am sure that we wish Keith well in his retirement and ongoing recovery, and wish Steve success in taking over this supply of much loved products.
Yes on both counts! Thanks for the update John.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Excellent! That is good news!

Also, hope for a great retirement for Keith! I bought a number of items from him!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Yes! I checked in the wee hours this morning and saw the old site and almost all the category links were 404ed.

This site looks awesome! It's disappointing to see so many motorcycle sites done in the old DIY style. This one is a beauty! Of course I might be a little biased seeing the fastest best looking ST of the bunch on the home page!

Bike
2005 st1300
That flip top windscreen looks nice. Anyone here running one? I am assuming this is an existing screen from the previous company owner??

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If all he sold was the screen it would be well worth it.. excellent product IMO.

Bike
2005 st1300
Yes - I've had one on both of my ST1300s since new. I love them. Very sturdy, and the one that I bought is slightly taller and slightly wider - which gives a larger flip-up than the other one that was available at the time. There is now an extra wide one - I can't comment on that model, it wasn't available when I bought mine.

Some photos attached show how the one I bought compares with the original.

Benefits - the airflow is directed over the top of my helmet when I am riding looking over the top of the screen - which means I can ride with my visor up. In rain, I sometimes have to put the screen down to ensure that the airflow clears my visor. Sometimes, I just stand up on the pegs. I don't wear earplugs - there is precious little helmet rattle, except in very strong cross winds - which has nothing to do with the screen.

There is a point in the raising and lowering of the screen when some wind whistle is apparent, but it is in one narrow band and can be tuned out by raising or lowering the screen a tad further.

Although I am 6'4", I didn't rally need a taller screen, but the flip up isn't as large on the other model that was available in 2006. When I bought a new screen for my 2nd Pan in 2014, I bought the same model. I still have the brand new OEM screen wrapped up - unused.
If all he sold was the screen it would be well worth it.. excellent product IMO.
160,000 miles on mine, I love it.
Good info, thanks. John, how do you find that tint... too much, not enough or just right?

OP
OP
jfheath

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Good info, thanks. John, how do you find that tint... too much, not enough or just right?
My current bike doesn't have the tint, but only 'cos I forgot that I had a tinted screen on my first one - and forgot to order a tinted one. The photos are of my first ST1300 with a tint. It really is just a hint of grey. I found it to be just right. It looks much nicer with a tint in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 st1300
My current bike doesn't have the tint, but only 'cos I forgot that I had a tinted screen on my first one - and forgot to order a tinted one. The photos are of my first ST1300 with a tint. It really is just a hint of grey. I found it to be just right. It looks much nicer with a tint in my opinion.
Thank you. I also think the tint looks sharp. I went back to the site and added it to the cart and was ready to pull the trigger, but got a shock with the shipping... $90.00 CAD. Unfortunately, I am on the wrong side of the pond. Going to have to rethink this.
Thanks again for the feedback

OP
OP
jfheath

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thank you. I also think the tint looks sharp. I went back to the site and added it to the cart and was ready to pull the trigger, but got a shock with the shipping... $90.00 CAD. Unfortunately, I am on the wrong side of the pond. Going to have to rethink this.
Thanks again for the feedback
Ouch !

But there are plenty of people on this site that have been interested in the revival of this company. There may be an option for a few getting together ? Read his Shipping Options page or he may have suggestions - he has obviously looked into the best way of doing this. Even three screens may bring the price down to an acceptable level. Of course, you then have to work out the best way of distributing them to the right people when they arrive.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've never liked the look of a tinted screen on a bike but the hint of tint does look nice. I tend to look through mine (stock) but with the flip looking over should be ok. Not sure if I could see under the flip with the screen up unless I scrunch down a bit.

On looks alone the B-Q screen adds a touch of dash and élan.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Hm. 21" hinted screen £117 / $164
Shipping to CA(lif) £35 / $49
Total USD $213±

Not bad. Looks great and if it doesn't trade wind protection and improves on it then it's Farkle Worthy!

Top Bottom