Anyone using wheel lift stand?

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
anyone using wheel lift? And if you are using one please tell me why And how are you using it?
Recently my friend bought fjr1300 and we got wheel lift for free
We don't have chain so I'm not sure what to do with this now?

For me, front /rear dedicated lifts are a pain. I use an underbelly lift.

Let's say i didn't have the underbelly - I'd use a 1x4 under the centerstand to remove the front and rear wheels (yes, i have done that many times)

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
are you talking about front wheel or rear wheel?

For rear wheel its only needed if there's no centerstand.

For front wheel its only needed if there's no good support under the engine/frame to put a jack of some type to lift the bike.

so for the ST1100, neither of those conditions apply.

when I rode sportbikes they often had no centerstand, so I used a rear stand.

They also had the pipes running under the frame in a "V" shape so there was no good place to jack the front end up reliably. It may have been possible to lift the bike by putting the jack under the pipes, but I never had the nerve to try it and risk either folding my pipes up by mistake or have the bike tip off the narrow lift point. So I used a front stand, that I configured out of regular pipes and fittings from Home Depot.

I also alternatively solved the front end lifting issue by running a cable through the front of the frame and lifting the frame with a come along attached to a horizontal beam in my garage. That worked too and had some advantages and some disadvantages compared to the typical floor lift. For example, if I ever had to remove the steering stem or adjust the steering stem bearings (which I didn't fortunately) the normal lift wouldn't work, as it holds the bike up at the bottom of the stem. The downside of the cable lift is the bike swings a little on the cable since its suspended in air from above.

Top Bottom