GL18 footpegs on ST1300

Bike
2014 ST1300a
DC0DB2769901580B2AA275075CD64811.jpg

after install GL18 footpegs, I drive about 30 minutes, nothing need to adjust, brake and shift lever position feel ok.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I did the same thing some time ago but I will one day get round to adjusting my shift lever. The increased distance between the peg and shift lever is enough that I sometimes miss shifts when my legs get tired. The brake lever is fine no worries for me.

I measured the drop in the surface of the pegs at 1". I'd probably drop the lever .5".

Bike
2006 ST1300
I had my shift lever and brake already a bit lower due to installing peg lowers-the GL18 pegs did not require further lowering. They do feel pretty nice.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I was considering making this change. I was under the impression that the GL pegs were a direct fit for the ST and the only difference was that they were wider. Are you guys saying that they end up being an inch lower than the position of the ST pegs as well?

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I was considering making this change. I was under the impression that the GL pegs were a direct fit for the ST and the only difference was that they were wider. Are you guys saying that they end up being an inch lower than the position of the ST pegs as well?
They are direct fit. Remove the pivot pin, remove the stock peg, put the GL peg in, replace the pin. Real easy. LOOK at the pictures and you can see the the "ears" are at a different height compared to the top of the pad. Not sure about an inch, but lower.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Are you guys saying that they end up being an inch lower than the position of the ST pegs as well?
Yes they are a direct fit but do lower the peg height by 1". That's the whole reason I made the switch. The feeling wasn't much of a change. My feet appreciated the slightly wider platform. The real payoff was the lack of cramping in my hip. It noticeably reduces the desire to use my MCL highway pegs which aren't that comfortable.

I measured the height of the stock pegs before and the GL1800 pegs after changing. 1".

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you want a wider peg without lowering... That's what I got when I replaced mine with Kuryakyn SwingWing pegs. Same height as stock but a wider footbed. I actually don't swing out the extension much any more and they are much more comfortable than the stock pegs. The CTX1300 and ST1300 use the exact same pegs and mounts (same Honda part numbers) so the Kury mount adapters are the exact same. I just looked up the ST compatibility for them since the CTX was too new at the time to show up on their lists. I did consider the GW pegs but went this way instead. The SwingWing pegs are wider than the GW pegs but definitely not as wide as mini boards would be.

Top Bottom