Miles to KMs on Odometer UK ST1300

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
My ST1300 is a UK model. I live in Spain and I am trying to change the odometer from miles to kms. Following the instruction manual, which says press and hold the FCD/H button for two seconds to change. When I do this I get a flashing Miles/Gallon but there is no option to change. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Just saw in a 8 year old post that the display has be set to no MPG info or blank 1st then hold button for 2 secs

OP
OP
Fawlty
Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Just a thought. Has anyone actually tried doing the change from Miles to Kms or vice versa. If so maybe they could talk me through it. Here's hoping!

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just a thought. Has anyone actually tried doing the change from Miles to Kms or vice versa. If so maybe they could talk me through it. Here's hoping!
Yes. Jeff's link describes it. The Fuel Consumption Display cycles round 3 displays each time you press it. Live fuel consumption (updates every 15 secs); Average fuel consumption; nothing.

Holding the button down for 2 secs on 'Ave' fuel consumption will reset the average. On mine, this is shown as miles per litre. But other european models show km/l or l/100km
Holding the button for 2 secs when you have cycled the display to nothing will change the distance units from miles to km and back.

I usually keep mine on Average, and reset it every time I fill up.

There is no option for changing from litres to gallons that I have found. Both my UK models have shown miles per litre.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fawlty
Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Thanks for this. My bike only shows miles per gallon and will not change to anything else when I hold down the button down having cycled to nothing. Must be a fault somewhere, but I won't worry too much about. Thanks again.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Jeff F said:
Don't think it matters where your bike is from.
I thought I read here sometime ago that some STs won't switch between klicks and miles. Do any EU or UK bikes show miles/liter (or is it liters/mile) and I thought there was a thread about somebody needed a dash (not headlights) from another region of ST to get the correct units. I could be wrong— it happens a lot.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Do any EU or UK bikes show miles/liter (or is it liters/mile)
Mine is a UK model (type E) and can be switched between miles per litre and km per litre.

According to the Handbook (P29 - Parts Location) ED, F and U types show only km and have either km/litre or litres/100km

Top Bottom