Electrical Issue... NOT

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Maybe the battery tender is killing your batteries. Not the first time to see that.
Thanks, I suppose that could be, but in my case it's unlikely for 2 reasons: 2 different battery tenders each time and both batteries failed over the summer when I very rarely use the battery tender because me and the bike get out often enough.

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Why not get a top end battery so you have a solid starting point and peace of mind? Theres time and place for for frugality, but theres some areas which are mission critical imho, such as: brakes, tires, fluids, helmets, and batteries to name a few.

I say battery because where and when you break down can be both expensive and dangerous. You will regret the money “saved” when your luck runs out. Been there, done that, own the T-shirt and suffered the consequences

Just saying

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Why not get a top end battery so you have a solid starting point and peace of mind? Theres time and place for for frugality, but theres some areas which are mission critical imho, such as: brakes, tires, fluids, helmets, and batteries to name a few.

I say battery because where and when you break down can be both expensive and dangerous. You will regret the money “saved” when your luck runs out. Been there, done that, own the T-shirt and suffered the consequences

Just saying
I would do just that if I knew what a top end battery was. Yuasa seems to be very highly regarded, but there are lots of reports of early failures even with these.

Bike
VStrom 650
I would do just that if I knew what a top end battery was. Yuasa seems to be very highly regarded, but there are lots of reports of early failures even with these.
I agree it is a quandary, but I don't think it's the batteries, it's us.
Are batteries made for the abuse we throw at them. We leave them sitting half charged for weeks on end, then we expect them to respond at a moments notice. All you can do is go with what you've bought and see how it goes. If you can find a battery with Honda written on the side of it, buy it. Would be worth checking if there is a draw on it though.
Good luck.
Upt'North.

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
BD3FF266-BCF2-4679-A083-F3213B3F0963.pngA4004046-918B-41D3-8ED3-FB6C813AF963.jpegThis the battery my buddy and I use on our cop bikes that run alot of lights, radio, frequent start/stops.

Yuasa YTZ14S

Bike
03 ST1300 ABS
I hook up the tender about once a week and disconnect it when it goes to maintenance charge. Mine goes to a slow pulsating green indicator light when I disconnect. It seems to work. As I understand it, any battery that drops below 12 volts is less than 50% capacity and can suffer damage.

cnjmurg

R.I.P. - 2019/01/05
Rest In Peace
Bike
06 ST 1300
STOC #
I just plug mine into a timer that runs ! hour every 48 hrs. it is usually back to float mode by then. When regular usage it is not on a charger at all

Top Bottom