OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Aw. Lunch of Champions........

Breaking her in good......in the rain...... It will fit in nicely come June.....!!!!!!

Just leave all that nasty weather behind.....OK..???!!?!?!!

ToddC
Didn't you hear this year all the nice weather is with me. Hope it does clear and warm a bit by then. I can handle weather but the vistas all disappear in this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Nice ride! Curious to see a map of your route back home.
Yesterday I spent an extra hundred miles going back and forth from black canyon / Scottsdale for a faulty signal dealer bought me gas but ended up In Prescott and scored a deal at the Hassayampa hotel. What a treat

Today I plan to take west copper basin road to Skull valley. Then west Iron springs road to Bagdad from there will work my way to the Mohave maybe catch up with Mark and play a bit in the dirt!

Apache Junction in the Superstition Mts is always fun. Try a cold beverage at Tortilla Flat cafe, if it's still there.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Are you behaving yourself on the break in period???
It was brutal for me. But I did it. I turned over 1,000 miles on my way to ArkanSTOC. I may have bumped the rev limiter a few times in the twisties.

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Are you behaving yourself on the break in period???
It was brutal for me. But I did it. I turned over 1,000 miles on my way to ArkanSTOC. I may have bumped the rev limiter a few times in the twisties.
Yup. Been nursing it up to hwy speeds and was gentle on the first off road. Did the 500 miles check all good now adding another 700 on the way home. EST 1200 miles by then.

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #

Bagdad copper mine town dropped in to paved road and lunch. Now the Tigrrr is a dirty kitty [emoji1]

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
[emoji15]. Crossed the boarder today. Little sad as this is the direct route home time. Hope to catch some unique along the way. The Mrs says it's time to come home and put the new girl friend in the garage with the others. Uh honey, I might need a day more????

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
It's been fun to ride along. When home, it would be nice if you could post your route. I've been thinking of a fly and ride; Scottsdale to San Fran.

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
It's been fun to ride along. When home, it would be nice if you could post your route. I've been thinking of a fly and ride; Scottsdale to San Fran.
Oh boy. Give yourself a few days inAZ and a few more for the ride to Sf. We can meet up inCA if you like Will share some routes when I get back

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Ah Route 66 seems the old highway has gotten more and more forgotten. Stopped for breakfast at Ludlow gained back an hour crossing state line.

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
There is something about a road trip that lifts the soul and clears the mind. Don't you just love the look of your shadow early morning sun on the highway. Something about the way it dances when you pass the land. Kinda like Peter Pan [emoji1]

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
Oh boy. Give yourself a few days inAZ and a few more for the ride to Sf. We can meet up inCA if you like Will share some routes when I get back

Thank you! When I get out your way, I'll look you up. Just wondering if I need to be concerned with elevation and winter riding between AZ or NV and CA.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
You missed out on a bit of cold weather and a bunch of great off road/dirt riding at El Mirage...
However you were great to meet at Queens!

(I still don't understand how you brought rain and snow to the low desert in AZ though... :) )

Ride well!

Mark

Top Bottom