We're Imparied :D

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I the the ST11’s peg position that’s catching up with me.
That's why I got two of the first sets of the Highway Wings, got a Russell Seat with a backrest, and did the flip-clip handle bar mod (raises them up and back about an inch). That was enough adjustments for me to solve the other 'comfort' issues. Granted the Russell Seat is expensive, but not near as expensive as a new bike and it's pretty cheap if you plan on riding the bike until it turns to a pile of rust ... :D I can honestly saying riding on my ST1100s is as comfortable to me as sitting in an easy chair only better - the scenery keeps changing! ;-)

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Hey Jock, perhaps consult with your insurance agent as to the course's applicability/usefulness for your Canadian insurance. Of course, the MSF website link in post #1 works regardless and you can still take the course on your own. But I've no idea whether course completion affects your premiums or coverage levels in Canada.

My agent emailed me a couple weeks ago telling me that their system notified them that they wanted updated "proof of motorcycle safety course document" in preparation for my upcoming policy renewals. She also provided me the MSF link I included in post #1 telling me that they accept online eCourse certificates as valid documentation (I'd otherwise not known that the eCourse existed). Prior, my last course was 'advanced rider' hands-on in 2011 on my ST1300 (time flies!). Since I didn't get prompted last year by my agent, it appears that my insurance company must consider each training course valid for ~6 years.

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
My only concerns with bikes like the Tenere/VStrom/BMW/KTM/African Twin style bikes is the weight up so high. Understood that highway only wouldln't be as much of a concern... but venturing off on a dirt road might prove we're impaired. I was watching a video of a Honda CB500F invading a BMW GS1200 rally and every time one of those 1200cc Beemers hit the ground it took 3 guys to pick it up... no wonder they travel in a pack!

That said... the CB500F with a Rally package might be my next bike. Like Phil... my ST1100 fits like Cinderella's shoe for me and the CB only weighs 400 lbs. That seems much more manageable to me let alone the low speed handling you pick up losing 150 lbs compared to the BMW GS.

Bike
2005 ST1300
So the MSF online course is both ageist and.....bikeist? Did it cover the use of Dependz as a risk for older riders too. I'd take the course but i feel i might be too much of a dotard to make it all the way through!!!:rd11:

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
My agent emailed me a couple weeks ago telling me that their system notified them that they wanted updated "proof of motorcycle safety course document" in preparation for my upcoming policy renewals.
Never heard of that requirement before for a regular m/c policy, do you qualify for a discounted rate if you have taken a course?

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
The training qualifies me for some discount on premiums. There's no requirement to have fresh training to continue with them.

Top Bottom