Is this normal level?

OP
OP
Arif
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Two years? Needs changing.

Level it out, suck out the old fluid from the reservoir, replace with new DOT 4, bleed system, put it to the correct level, ensure the diaphragm and cover is sealing well, and keep an eye on it.

Look for signs of leakage at the slave cylinder.
It has been almost two weeks since I filled the reservoir, I have seen couple bubbles but still staying on the same level which is good.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
It has been almost two weeks since I filled the reservoir, I have seen couple bubbles but still staying on the same level which is good.
That's good. Or bad. Not sure which.

Air coming out at the reservoir could be simply bubbles of air that were not bled when you did the refill. They will eventually float up to the top and escape through the compensation port when the brake lever is at rest. OR if the system was bled fully, then it could be air getting into the system, which means that fluid is getting out. Whatever - it clearly isn't anything to worry about too much.

But if it is air getting in, its a bubblesworth a week which isn't much, but could mount up. Just get into the habit of glancing at the level whenever you start out between now and the next fluid change. ie Don't stop watching for a level drop. (It's a good habit to get into anyway).

Last edited:
Top Bottom