Helmets Helmets that work well with eye glasses..... any favorites?? or advice??

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think the brand of helmet you find comfortable will be highly dependent on your head shape. I ride with an HJC IS-Max 2, which outperforms helmets 3 times its cost and has a 100% chin lock (it's a modular helmet) during the Sharp testing. Once your head shape is comfortable you can look for a model within that brand that fits your glasses well. As much as I love the Shoei Neotech, my head is just not a Shoei shape.

Last edited:
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I have fairly large glasses (and a fairly large head...) The Shoei NeoTec goes on without removing my glasses, and the sunshade deploys without hitting them; one of the reasons I spent the extra money for a Shoei. (That, and there's plenty of room for my chin.) A modular helmet is great for those of us who wear glasses. The retractable sunshield does away with the need to carry prescription sunglasses.

I searched and searched for a helmet that I could put on without taking off my glasses. I normally use a three quarter helmet so that I could pull the helmet open to put it on. Full face helmets do not let me do that. So, I searched for a modular helmet. The only one that fit my head and was easy to put on without taking off my glasses was a Gmax. I flip up the chin portion then grab the straps pulling it wider just enough to slip on. Glasses stay on and in place. Paid $180.00 for a bright yellow extra large. The other day was wishing the drop down sun shade was polarized.

Chris

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
Ive been comforywith glasses under full-face Arai's and Shoei's the last few years.

I won a Speed and Strength full face at a bike dealer open house a couple of years ago. There's no accommodation in the padding at the temple to get the sunglasses' temples between my head and the padding. I had to use a spoon to compress a trough in the underlying styrofoam to allow temples to pass.

I've discovered that safety glasses for the firearms market often have thin temples, made to fit comfortably under hearing protection earmuffs.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

Top Bottom