Armor Bohn body armor

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've had a Bohn body armor shirt for years and it is good stuff and holds up well. I usually wear it in the hot and humid summers here under my Draggin Jeans Kevlar shirt. Together, they ventilate very well. Never crashed in it so I can't give you a 'test' report. ;-)

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I thought about it but thought it would be restrictive and hot. I just ordered a pair of the Kevlar line jeans with armor, but if the Bohn wasn't restrictive and hot, it seems like it would be the cats meow for wearing under regular jeans in the summer.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Is anyone out there using this product? Am thinking of purchasing and would like some input.
-- From other replies, most are fine with them in the heat. So must be personal tolerance: they are unbearable for me in the heat and high humidity, with the armor practically sticking to your skin (their Air Mesh version).

-- I you are into winter activities, you may remember the earlier days of synthetic fabrics that were rapidly not smelling too good when sweating. Modern fabrics are much better in this regards. Not so with the Bohn's that I practically need to wash every time I wear it and removing and re-installing the armor can be time consuming. But here again, it may work for you.

-- I question how effective it would be in a fall as my hipbone sticks just between the two pads on the side (contrary to my riding pants which have very good coverage in this area). Again, could be a matter of fit and be just fine for you.

Have to say they are good quality build though. They have a 90 days satisfaction guarantee, which makes it easy to give it a try.

Why I kept mine? Very comfortable for repair projects where you have to work on your knees, even working on the bike sometimes! Or for protection under coveralls, in environnements where you can get banged up, moving or working in attics or other tight spaces for instance or slippery surfaces where chances of falling are high. Was also glad to have them once for doing work crawling under my car dashboard. Much easier on the old bones!

Top Bottom