2006-07-24 David Kruger (jackpine savage)

Very Bad News Today

I just got word the David Kruger (jackpine savage) was in a wreck on one of his bikes on July 24 and passed away. He was to meet us at the RTE in Galena,Il but did not show up.I had been wondering why we have not heard from him lately. I think some of you got to meet him back at MOONSHINE. I will post more details later......:(

52-year old David Kruger of Nelson, Wisconsin died when his motorcycle struck a deer on Highway 63 in Wabasha County, just north of Rochester.

Dave was a very active member on this site, and also an outstanding personality.

Just a couple looks at his posts like this one from Beijing
or this one where he jokes about working on Hondas with a good friend
or a post on new friends met at Moonshine
and you get just an idea of the good nature and friendship
which made Dave a great person.

Dave even got the Field of Dreams Campout going here
so he was instrumental in helping other meet and forge life
long friendships.

If someone has some pics of dave, please send them and I'll add to this memorial. I'm not good with words at times like this so please add
replies to this which will help us remember Dave in the way He would
want.

Godspeed Dave.....

Note (8/24/2006) from Dave's Wife:
Joe,

Thank you for allowing me to access this site. I very much enjoyed
reading all of my husband's posts and replies and was reminded again of
one of the many reasons why I loved him so much -- he knew how to make
me laugh. I attempted to post a reply to all the notes from the
individual members wishing our family their best and expressing their
condolences but obviously did not do so correctly. If you could please
post this note, I would very much appreciate it. David was a wonderful
husband and father and his absence is keenly felt. Please keep his name
in mind on your next group ride, he would like that. He truly enjoyed
the Moonshine (?) Ride and his Field of Dreams Ride with Tom so much and
was looking forward to many more, including Galena, IL. Thank you
again.

Kathy Kruger
Wife of the "Infamous" Jackpine Savage

Attachments

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Very Bad News Today

That's terrible Tom, never know how to respond to this kind of post...

Our prayers go out to his family/friends.

Byron

STOC #

Not just bad but sad as well :(. I didn't know him other than reading his posts but it saddens me just the same.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #

Thoughts and prayers for David... I only knew him through his posts...

Mark

dannyk

SISU an inner spirit
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

That is sad news, I met him at Moonshine and rode part way home with him and Steve. Makes you feel sick when you learn of something like this. Dannyk

Burger

mmmm hamburgers...
Bike
BMW K1600GT SE
STOC #

Very sorry indeed to read this. We all feel when any member of the biking family is taken from us but when they're from this community it somehow seems to hit home more.

Very sad news.

My prayers go out to his friends and family.

I would also like to extend my condolences to those on this board that were friends with him. I noticed that his last post was on the same date you listed that the accident occurred. I hope it was fast & painless and that he is in a better place. I didn't know him and his passing actually happened before I joined this board, but I feel the sadness at the loss just the same.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!

Sorry to hear that. It's always hard to hear of another rider leaving us due to a crash.

Let's all be extra careful out there.

Ray

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS

Man,,, I read this and just could not respond till now... I was very glad to have read him,,, met him,,, liked him,,, and will miss him terrible...

We all spoke about wondering about why he didn't show up that day at Galena... I was wanting to talk to him again before my trip out West very bad...

What can be said??? What can be done??? Nothing to change the facts,,, and little to lessen the blow we all are feeling... Setting here healing I get sad about my injuries and slowly healing... I will not speak of this pain again after reading this...

If anyone,,, hears what happened,,, and where it happened I would personally like to know...

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #

We all know, life is short.

Dave, I know you loved to ride and now the road goes on forever.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #

Plesae pass my sympathy to the family. Another reminder that things can happen so fast to any of us at any time that we need to remember to tell those we love and care about how imporant they are to us. after were gone it's to late. Let's all be real carefull riding as school is starting and a new bunch of kids are on the road showing off !! We don't want to loose any more buddies
GENE

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR

Oh, no...Man, that's terribly sad news. :|

I hope, where ever he is now, that the roads are sweeping, the weather is perfect, and there are no leaking engines.

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #

Does anyone know if we are able as a group, or individual send "something" to Dave's family?

I didn't know David, but man this is hitting me hard... Be oh so careful out there!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Austin city limits said:
Man,,, I read this and just could not respond till now... I was very glad to have read him,,, met him,,, liked him,,, and will miss him terrible...

We all spoke about wondering about why he didn't show up that day at Galena... I was wanting to talk to him again before my trip out West very bad...

What can be said??? What can be done??? Nothing to change the facts,,, and little to lessen the blow we all are feeling... Setting here healing I get sad about my injuries and slowly healing... I will not speak of this pain again after reading this...

If anyone,,, hears what happened,,, and where it happened I would personally like to know...
Terry

Your post brings back a lot of memories from a long way back, waiting for a friend to show up at a meeting point and wondering where they have got to!

Happened to me some years ago. Happened to a very close and dear friend of mine. I was waiting for him and another colleague to pick me up from my home to go for a beer together. They did not show. I cussed and swore that I would have his guts for garters, that night, I kicked the dog out of disspair and went to bed.

It was when watching the local news the following evening that I learnt that he and another friend had lost their lives on their way to pick me up in a road accident, in fact three people lost their lives that evening. LIke you must feel, the thud in your heart brings tear jerking moments.

My thoughts to the familly and hope to get together on the RTE in heaven when we all eventually knock on those Pearly Gates. A sad loss and deapest sympathies.

Top Bottom