Article [13] ST1300 - Valve Clearances Recording Speadsheet

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi All,

Well maybe this will find a permanent home at some point on the site but we should probably have a few people check it before we do that.

This is a spreadsheet I created that allows you to record your valve clearances along with the shim sizes. It also has conditional formatting which means if you enter your measurements it will highlight the cell as green, yellow, or red depending on whether it is well within spec, getting borderline, or out of spec. I included the minimum and maximum as out of spec. If you measure it and it is at that point you should replace the shim.

The spreadsheet allows you to type in a new shim value and then calculates the new clearance based on the new shim size. It also color codes the calculated size to make sure you know when your new shim size meets the specs for the proper clearance.

It will take some staring at it before it all becomes clear but it does work.

The first sheet is what I had from my first check (first check I did myself)
The second sheet has the new values transferred from the first sheet
The third sheet is a blank one and can be used to make more copies if you need them.

The sheet has a password to protect certain cells but the password is in the file and is: ST1300.

Let me know if I've made any mistakes.

Curt

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom