Fairing and Mirror deflector

Good day Vatos

As I continue to work towards the sport touring direction I have been researching the Honda site. Very few OEM accessories there. But I did notice the fairing and mirror deflector sets.

Do they really improve air flow and decrease noise to make them an important consideration when purchasing a used bike?

Much obliged

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Slight improvement on passenger and keeping cold air off hands.

Minor benefit to reducing heat from engine onto your legs.

Don't know about any aerodynamic aids otherwise.

Gordon

BlaSTr

Miami ST
STOC #
You're right about the limited accessories for the ST compared to V-twins and other bikes. They're out there but it takes some looking. I don't know what you're looking for specifically but I've had few problems finding what I need.

To me the ST is like my Mac - so good out of the box you don't need much to make it perfect for you. imho

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
+1 on what Sandman says. The mirror deflector does keep some wind off of your hands... looks nice too :cool:

Bike
08 ST1300A
side deflectors do keep the heat from the engine off your lower legs, the hot air that comes out of the side from the radiator, im glad i put them on

i first decided to purchase the deflectors as a means of improving my wifes comfort as a pillion. Buffeting was reduced - but she is not all that tall so unsure if they will be as effective on taller pax. I now think the bike looks finished with them on. Expensive but i get more comments on this particular mod than anything else i have done.

Attachments

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
rode mine new for a\bout 300 milesbefore theywere puton in early Sept here in TX .
I noticed a difference in heat around the lower legs area and that made it worth the cost .also they look better with than without IMHO

Killtimer

Youth Challenged Member
Somewhere in the Majestic Rocky Mountains of Alber
STOC #
I installed these on my previous '03 and *had* them on my '05. They do everything that's been mentioned above. My only complaint has to do with the way I stretch out on long rides. I like to hook my heels on the leading edge of the tip over wings and pull back with my legs, stretching out my calves and lower back. With the fairing deflectors on, this is almost impossible. One of my fairing units had loosened up previous to my WeSToc departure last Sept. so I popped them both off but left the mirror units in place. I'm undecided on the reinstall. :shrug2:

STOC #
They reduced heat to the shins and I also noticed not as much wind to the shoulders when I lowered my left arm while cruising. I'm 6'3" and I can tell a big difference on hands, arms and legs. I feel they were worth the investment. Just depends on your preference.

Bike
ST 1300
You're right about the limited accessories for the ST compared to V-twins and other bikes. They're out there but it takes some looking. I don't know what you're looking for specifically but I've had few problems finding what I need.

To me the ST is like my Mac - so good out of the box you don't need much to make it perfect for you. imho
I have both the Mac and the ST1300/'06 and I love it just like it is...

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
The deflectors should not play any role in your decision about which bike, or which ST, to buy. If you want them you can always add them later, at nominal cost.

I would look for the newest bike with the lowest milage in the best condition for the lowest price. If it's a tie, go for your preferred color!

Mandel

STOC #
The mirror deflectors have an undocumented use. They absorb bumps from the car doors opening against the mirror housings in the garage (of course, not MY garage, I'd never let that happen......ahem).

Top Bottom