Speedo not working

My ST1300 speedometer has ceased to function. Is there a fuse somewhere I can check, or has some wire come loose somewhere?

I sure would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Does the odometer still work? That'll help determine whether it's in the dash or somewhere else.

--Mark

Last edited:

Byron

STOC #
Have you had the bike apart at all on the right side? The sensor wire for the speedo is underneath/behind the evap canister if my memory serves me correctly. If it came apart, latch not working, you would loose both mentioned items.

This is from my memory of installing a SpeedoHealer many miles ago.

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
My ST1300 speedometer has ceased to function. Is there a fuse somewhere I can check, or has some wire come loose somewhere?

I sure would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.
Connecting to what Byron said, do you have a SpeedoHealer or similar? If so, check your DIP switches. You might have rubbed against one.

Marshal

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
The Vehicle Speed Sensor sounds suspect, but w/o the service manual, difficult to locate/diagnose the first time. Looks like the 3-wire black connector is buried under the right cowl and under the right heat rubber B, although the wires coming out of the sensor (located just left of center, opposite the oil filter) appears to run up the left side. Good luck.

:04biker:

STOC #
My speed sensor went out last week. As of right now, my bike is at the dealership getting it replaced.

The speedometer and the avg/mpg did not work at the same time.

Byron

STOC #
Any update as to the cause of the no speedo/odometer problem?

Top Bottom