OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hey, Joe, how up-to-date are the US Honda dealer files in post #1? Just wondering because I have a new Zumo coming (my StreetPilot 2720 died) and need to re-download and put the POIs into the new Zumo. I know the one correction I sent you a few years ago is wrong--as the dealer went bankrupt and it was closed down.
Pretty old list. I'll see if there's a more up tp date one out there. I think theses days most folks use their smartphones to search anyway but I'll see what I can find.

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Pretty old list. I'll see if there's a more up tp date one out there. I think theses days most folks use their smartphones to search anyway but I'll see what I can find.
Yeah, I guess that's a good point about "most folks use their smart phones to search anyway", and that's what I would probably do, too, but having the POIs can also be helpful. If I remember correctly, a few years ago I used the POI file on one of my trips. So that's at least one time when the files were used. ;-)

No worries...

Thanks,
Bill F

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, I guess that's a good point about "most folks use their smart phones to search anyway", and that's what I would probably do, too, but having the POIs can also be helpful. If I remember correctly, a few years ago I used the POI file on one of my trips. So that's at least one time when the files were used. ;-)

No worries...

Thanks,
Bill F
I was able to extract and build another file - first post - that's 3 years newer than what was there but it's still from 2010 so not as accurate as I would like... at least it's a little newer.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I paid for an update on the maps for my Goldwing... 2014 updates included updated POI's with the Honda logo for the dealers. On trips this past summer, they seemed to be accurate.

Is the updated Honda POI puts on the GW available for download? I would like to update the list I have. I don't use a smart phone. I did notice the Garmin list of repair shop does include motorcycle dealers but they need to be searched by Honda or Powersports. If neither word is in the dealer's name it won't appear.

Thanks,

Len

Top Bottom