U.S. Honda Dealer POIs

Bora20

...watching & learning...
STOC #
Not as a POI file but you can use them as waypoints. EasyGPS will allow you to upload a POI file to any GPS that will accept user created waypoints. Not quite as handy as the POI function but you still have the info.
Thanks Steve. Are you coming to Bearstoc this year?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If I add more poi's to the zumo, will I have to reload the dealers at the same time?
If you use the method I did with the POI folder and sub folders then just add a new sub folder and let it reload everything at the POI folder level... basically reloading all of them each time.. I think if you point to just new folder you just created it will JUST load that and that will be all you'll have.. but, I haven't tried it.

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
I have the dealers on my SD card on the zumo, came in handy in Louisiana when I needed Plexus.

Gotta love the zumo.

All of my POIs are in seperate folders. Places like Hooters, dealers. Kinda of complicated creating the folders but once you get the hang of it, no big deal.

I suggest the Zumo forum for technical help, those guys are pretty good at this stuff and really helped me.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Create a directory called POIs,

Create sub directories for Honda a-m, Honda n-w, etc... then move the gpx files in those and upload it.

Oh, this will only work if you use the beta POI loader which supports sub-categories.

When you point to a directory, point to the POI directory and it will load all the subs.
I'm having this problem, where the second folder N-Z seems to replace the A-M one. I could not find this "beta" loader utility referred to on the Garmin site. The only one. labeled beta that's there seems to be for Macs only, but I have a PC. Are you guys using Macs? :confused:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The link you provided Joe does take you to the page, but the download link on that page is the one giving the error. Just a heads up.
I deleted that post. since it was a garmin site link, they must have moved it.

NewsMag

R.I.P. - 2022/08/23
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
In case you don't like the layering by state, I saved all the US Honda Dealer POIs into two files, East of the Mississippi and West of the Mississippi.

If someone wants, I could probably combine the two. Source files were from Joe, so any mistakes in there were preserved...

Attachments

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #
The Zumo will handle folder directories but has a limitation on how many gpx files can be in a directory so I broke these out into two.
Thanks Mellow, Just went out and got the loader and after a few reads and attempts at loading I got it done and have both loaded in my zumo. Never know when you might need these!

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
Well... I tried to load just the 'East of the Mississippi', but the dang thing found both files and uploaded both of them!!! :22yikes:
:cool:

Bike
2006 ST1300A
You guys are a terrific source of information! I'm taking a bike ride to Maine this summer, and had planned to do research locating Honda dealers along my route. The .gpx files and the link to the Garmin download/upload tool allowed me to create a folder containing only selected states (while keeping all of the states listed in a separate folder), and download 'em to my Quest2 from my PC. The "Custom POIs" is shown as a separate icon on my "Find" screen.

Cool stuff! Thanx 2 all here!

EDIT TO ADD: Hey! Wait a sec! Are there supposed to be phone numbers listed with each dealer? I'm not seeing any.

Last edited:
I have a zipped folder with .gpx files of Honda Dealers, by state, east/west of the Mississippi. The POI has the phone number only. My thoughts are the dealer name or location may change but they will keep the phone number. As the accuracy of the location shown on the GPS is questionable be sure to get the correct address if you use this info.

I went to attach the file but I was told it's an "invalid file". If anyone one would like the zipped file send me a PM.

I've got .gpx folder of Canadian dealers, by pronevce, also. Not all provinces and not all dealers in the provence. Just along my route.

Len

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Hey, Joe, how up-to-date are the US Honda dealer files in post #1? Just wondering because I have a new Zumo coming (my StreetPilot 2720 died) and need to re-download and put the POIs into the new Zumo. I know the one correction I sent you a few years ago is wrong--as the dealer went bankrupt and it was closed down.

Top Bottom