Handle bar Diameter

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Looking to install a throttle lock cruise control . What diameter is the handle bars? The throttle lock cruise control will have to be modified because the cables are in front not the bottom like the older bikes..

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Nearly all metric bikes are 7/8". Harley cruisers and most metric cruisers are 1".

Can't say fur sur about the 1300, but the 1100 is 7/8.

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Use the thread search function for "Vista Cruise" and you'll find threads detailing all the info you need to install a VistaCruise throttle lock. The ST1300 handle bars are just slightly larger than 7/8" so one of the steps in installing a throttle lock is to slightly expand the inner diameter of the lock. This can be done by sanding (somewhat laborious) or some other method. I used my Dremel with a tile grout remover bit which really worked slick.

alan

R.I.P - 3/20/2011
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That picture sure is scary. How many people did it take to get it off the center stand and back down on level ground? That picture will probably give me nightmares tonight as I dream about trying to wrestle the 700+ pound pig down off of that rock.:eek:

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
That picture sure is scary. How many people did it take to get it off the center stand and back down on level ground? That picture will probably give me nightmares tonight as I dream about trying to wrestle the 700+ pound pig down off of that rock.:eek:
That's what my wife said when I showed her the picture.. The bike would have had like 220 km on it at the time. Also the bike was on the side stand..

The Atlantic Ocean was only 30 feet down and 5 feet ahead..:yr1: Just a pun

See, shoveling all that snow:snow1: :snow1: and hauling all that firewood has it's good points.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Looking to install a throttle lock cruise control . What diameter is the handle bars? The throttle lock cruise control will have to be modified because the cables are in front not the bottom like the older bikes..
I know it's from almost 10 years ago, but I just saw that awesome picture. I plan to visit Nova Scotia again this summer and ride most of the east cost and the Cabot Trail (of course). Can you tell me where this picture was taken?

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I know it's from almost 10 years ago, but I just saw that awesome picture. I plan to visit Nova Scotia again this summer and ride most of the east cost and the Cabot Trail (of course). Can you tell me where this picture was taken?
It was taken in Blue Rocks just outside Lunenburg. The picture is deceiving because it does not look that steep in person.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Cool! Thanks. I'll be passing through Lunenburg. My GF loves those little artsy shops. I think we'll be taking a side trip out to Blue Rocks... or maybe I'll drop the GF off in town and head out to Blue Rocks by myself :D

I made that picture my wallpaper. Maybe after my trip, I'll have wallpaper with my bike in a similar pose.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Thx rock is rear the end by the wharfs. The rock will be on the right on the way. Let me know when your down this way and I can show you around abit . I maybe driving to Florida so I may not be around

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Well u have to try it for yourself. That picture was taken when my bike was days old. My wife was not to empressed but ......

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Bike
2010 ST1300
Thanks, still looks plenty steep to me
It doesn't look that bad. But, its all what you are used to. The guy I bought my bike from was 6'3" or 4". The way he rode it up onto my trailer just about blew my socks off. He made it look so easy - probably as easy as i would have it with say, my old Triumph - lower and lighter. And, my mechanic rode my ST down off my trailer backwards with NO problems. He said he had done the same unloading Harleys from trucks (I'd guess 3' to 4' up) on a single plank w/ other planks for his feet. Its all how big you are and how skilled.

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s kinda stupid how the STs handle bars are listed cause they’re not 22mm all the way thru...

Top Bottom