- Color Rite (1075)

- Manufacturer's code (R101CU) Candy Glory Red
- Color Rite (1075)

- Manufacturer's code (NHA30M) Digital Silver Metallic
- Color Rite (2134)

- Manufacturer's code (NHB01) Graphite Black
- Color Rite (2006)

- Manufacturer's code (R151CU) Candy Graceful Red
- Color Rite (2632, requires base color 1332)

- Manufacturer's code (PB255M) Pearl Coronado Blue
- Color Rite (2690)

- Manufacturer's code (NH478M) Tower Silver Metallic
- Color Rite (2912)
- Duplicolor 'Signet Silver'

2002 UK
-Manufacturer's code (R275C) Candy Ambassador Red

The paint code for body parts can be found on a sticker affixed to the right seat frame member:

Black Wheels:
A dealer said the wheel color code was NH1 for the 2003's and color-rite does have an NH1Z color that is stated to be Honda Gloss Black.

Silver Wheels:
NH167MU, Iron Nail Silver Metallic

Police Bikes:
Should be Shasta White (NH138)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks Don, I added that to the info.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
halfwing said:
I just received the - Manufacturer's code (R151P) Pearl Royal Magenta - Color Rite (2619) and it's way too dark.

Now that I go research the Color Rite site, I see that I need the Candy Graceful Red, R151CU with a base coat of 1332.

$31.48. Thanks a lot..................
Considering that Honda calls the '05 "Candy Dark Red" I think you're on the right track. I'd be interested in the outcome if you go ahead and purchase. I've been on the fence about this for a couple of minor dings. It's not so much the expense as wanting to know that if I put touch-up paint on that I can expect it to look better than the unrepaired ding...

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
nurseBob said:
Considering that Honda calls the '05 "Candy Dark Red" I think you're on the right track. I'd be interested in the outcome if you go ahead and purchase. I've been on the fence about this for a couple of minor dings. It's not so much the expense as wanting to know that if I put touch-up paint on that I can expect it to look better than the unrepaired ding...
I had several posts on this subject in the now-archived "What color is your ST" poll. It's my view that Honda mistakenly advertised the '05 color as Candy Dark Red instead of the correct color, Candy Graceful Red. I respectfully submit the following into evidence.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=58265&postcount=30

Bottom line is, I ordered a small bottle of the Candy Graceful Red touch up paint for my 2005 ST1300A and it matched up just right. I didn't bother using the separate base color for the small scratches I was trying to fill and it worked just fine. I think it's probably wise to use the suggested base color for painting larger areas though.

:biker:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
mtalley11 said:
I had several posts on this subject in the now-archived "What color is your ST" poll. It's my view that Honda mistakenly advertised the '05 color as Candy Dark Red instead of the correct color, Candy Graceful Red. I respectfully submit the following into evidence.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=58265&postcount=30

Bottom line is, I ordered a small bottle of the Candy Graceful Red touch up paint for my 2005 ST1300A and it matched up just right. I didn't bother using the separate base color for the small scratches I was trying to fill and it worked just fine. I think it's probably wise to use the suggested base color for painting larger areas though.

:biker:
Mike, did you order it from Honda and is the manufacturer code R151P? I just want to make sure my first post is still acurate. I think I got the color names from colorite...

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Mellow said:
Mike, did you order it from Honda and is the manufacturer code R151P? I just want to make sure my first post is still acurate. I think I got the color names from colorite...
Mellow,

I believe the color for the '05 should read R-151C-U. The color is written on a label under the seat (battery side).

The touch up paint I ordered from my local Honda dealer is Honda color R-151CU and looks to be part number 7974041. The color matches the bike.

I rest my case. :)

Re: ST1300-Touch-Up Paint

How about touch-up paint for an 06 black tank?

I put a nice scratch on my tank today, down to the metal. I was installing MCL risers. Yes, I did put a blanket over the tank, but apparently it wasn't thick enough to protect it when a handlebar fell on it.

I'm really not too concerned over the cosmetics of the bike, but I don't want it to rust. Will it be ok if I just use some touch-up paint?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

I'm no expert... but I would think most black touch-up paint would work.. the sooner you do it the better as to avoid any corrosion to begin.

Bike
ST1300

Any information on matching Handlebar paint...very soft - easy to scratrch.

STOC #

I just ordered touch-up paint for my 05 from Color Rite. Primer, base, topcoat and clear, all in little pen applicators, about $60 delivered. I need all 4 since a thief tried to steal the bike a few weeks back. The creep crowbarred his way into the locked fairing pocket, which of course was empty. He destroyed the pocket lid, the lock, and the black plastic surrounding the pocket, and he put a gash in the paint on the tank right next to the pocket lid. It's down to bare metal, about 3/4" long and 1/4" wide.

He couldn't steal the Honda, so he stole my Moto Guzzi instead. I got it back, with less damage than the Honda suffered!

The cops caught the guy. I just got a letter from the county prosecutor, addressed to "dear crime victim.":rolleyes: I sent them the details on the cost of the damage, and the judge will consider my evidence when the guy is sentenced, and will force him to provide me with "restitution." I ain't holdin' my breath.

The local dealer said he could order touch-up paint from Honda, but he said Honda USA gets their touchup paint from Color-Rite, and they charge more for it. I ordered all 4 products since the scrape is so deep; I will need to build it up with several coats of base to get it even.

When I sent my paperwork back to the court, I included an estimate from the dealer to replace the tank, since he said he couldn't paint it satisfactorily because of the clearcoat over the Honda graphics. A replacement tank is $625! Add the labor to install at the dealer, and all the other damage to both bikes, this crook is gonna owe me $1200 when he gets out of jail.:cool:

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #

Does anyone know the color of the gray-ish rear passenger grab-rail? I have a few small scratches I'd like to cover up.

Must have nicked it installing the top box....

Bike
ST1300

So No Information on my extensive quest for handlebar Paint...
Whipped off a E-mail to Motorcycle Larry for his Powder coat Paint code -
which may be close...No reply yet
But would like Honda,s match...
I know some of you guys have scratched handelbars..
fess up.suggestions?

Bike
ST1300

After a trip to my STealer and several searches I finally connected with the paint code for the rims of my 2006 ST1300A.

:new: NH167MU, Iron Nail Silver Metallic

Update: Could not get a listing from Color Rite.
However my local auto paint store found the Honda code in Dupont's "Standox" premium paint line. The match is great.
PS: After painting, a clear coat is required.

Last edited:
Top Bottom