Votes: 163 15.6%
  • Laam

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Motorcycle Dave

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Bike
VStrom 650
I'm not aware of any seat settings on the 1100.
You and me both Larry, but my standard seat doesn't push me forward like that.
Interesting though that there are almost as many on stock seats as the best aftermarket and there is obviously a lot of displeasure with some of those. I think Dave's jobbie sounds interesting although there's no way I'm carrying my sorry ass that far.
Upt'North.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
You and me both Larry, but my standard seat doesn't push me forward like that.
Interesting though that there are almost as many on stock seats as the best aftermarket and there is obviously a lot of displeasure with some of those. I think Dave's jobbie sounds interesting although there's no way I'm carrying my sorry ass that far.
Upt'North.
It would make a nice trip I am only 60 miles from Yosemite

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Changed my vote due to new current experience. Sometimes wish I had tried a RDL or Corbin (longer than just a demo sit) on my ST1100 but just didn't have the budget for them. BTW- NO adjustments on the ST1100 saddle without modifying the foam/shape.

Been on stock saddles mostly. Found that the stock was most uncomfortable on the Vulcan 750. I could only JUST manage getting across town on that and just had to get off to recover. I guess cruisers really are just for bar hopping since the farther you go on one during the night the less you notice how bad the seat is.
My Gold Wing was pretty good as far as stock seats go. Compared with the Vulcan it was definitely a MAJOR step up in comfort, but I could still only go around 250 miles at a time before it started getting uncomfortable.
My first 2005 Burgman 650 stock seat was very slightly less comfortable than the Gold Wing stock seat. I could still push it over 200 miles but that was mostly the limit.
My ST1100 stock seat was somewhere between the B650 and GW saddles. Not bad but not great since I really wanted better than the GW but without the bulk of the bike.
Then the CTX1300 came into my garage. The stock saddle was simply the best stock seat my behind ever met. 660 miles in one day and I was still not ready to stop riding. It was just a little soft but wide where it needed to be and didn't make me slide too far forward or back but was neutral.
But now on my 2013 Burgman 650 that just happened to come with the standard length Corbin seat (there is the short, standard and long for the Burgman series) I am finding there is a noticeable positive difference between the Corbin and my CTX saddles. It is rather stiff, but I've learned that soft is definitely not where it's at for comfort. The shape is what makes it work for me. I haven't traveled 600+ miles on it yet but compared with distances I have traveled on both CTX and Burgman I consider the Corbin seat as better. It just "holds" me better. It's not as "sticky" as the stock saddles have all been so I can more easily slide around as needed, but I am finding that a good thing.

Bike
VStrom 650
Let me guess: you're not 6'3" tall. :)

My knees touch the fairing when I slide down the seat slope.
My knees rest on the fairing panels too, with armoured trousers I just sit there supported. I'm also on the tall side of average at 6'4", how about that, we're playing top trumps. If that doesn't appeal didn't Honda produce knee pads for that area, never seen any but somethings ticking in the back of my grey matter.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom