New Rotax Buell

TPadden

Tom Padden
Buell announced it's new Rotax driven, water cooled, 146 HP, V-twin, 1125R today! :)

http://www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/newsdetail.asp?news_id=1230

Important stats:

1125cc, 72-degree liquid-cooled Rotax-designed motor in the existing XB chassis.
10,500RPM redline
146HP, 82 ft/lbs
slipper clutch
6 Speed tranny
Belt Drive

375lbs dry
5.6 gal (in frame) tank
all electronics incl laptimer and fuel computer

2-year warranty
$11,995

Tom
Gainesville, Mo.
Weeki Wachee, Fl.

Attachments

Last edited:
I see a lot of very inovative thinking there. That is a beautiful bike for the money. I am sure it will put a smile on anyone's face who drives it.

Texas

STOC #
Eric finally gets to build the bike the way he originally designed it :clap2:

This should get interesting.

HD steps boldly in to the 90's

Spencer

Last edited:
STOC #
This should be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of here aririved from the Buell camp. when their ST rides went the way of the XB series. Nothing wrong about the "XB's" but, they are not comfortable for 2-up.

This next iteration may have some possibilities!

Neil S.

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Nothing wrong about the "XB's" but, they are not comfortable for 2-up.
You obviously have never been on a XB12X, it is one of the most comfortable bikes for 2up on the planet (from the 2nd persons perspective.)

My wife prefers it way over the ST as her legs are not in a cramped position for the entire ride and it offers a very nice seating position on the factory seat.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I wonder how closely the engine resembles the original Aprilia Mille motor that was sourced from Rotax? Obviously it's at least been bored and or stroked. This is very interesting because Aprilia seems to be moving away from the narrower angle "V" to a 90 degree one like Ducati with their latest bikes. Still this engine represents a huge step up from the short-fused over-stressed Sportster based engine they have been using and it's probably a lot more compact and light weight than a V-Rod based motor would be.

With Harley/Buell introducing this kind of bike, it would seem to compete directly with Ducati. That would seem to me to complicate or even dispel the merger rumors floating about.

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
I think for the $$$ I'd rather get a Falco, or a Monster.

But it's nice to see Buell think about something other than 60 year old pushrod mills.

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
Nice looking bike!

I would seriously consider one as a second ride.

Bet Buell can't build them fast enough to keep up with demand.

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
EDIT: I think I will buy this bike.... now I need to figure a way to tell the wife. Ummm, any suggestions?

Tom de

STOC #
I think you guys are missing a very important aspect of this bike. The cooling ducts on the side act as tip-over protectors. The part that gets damaged from a fall is going to be cheap to replace according to Buell.

How many times have I heard folks complain about this feature missing on practically every other bike out there?

G

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
To bad the Connie didn't try to make the Bazzoka muffler look like this bikes... :bow1:

I always liked a Buell but was to big for them... This is getting closer to what he had in mind from day 1,,, and what I would like to have in my 2nd bike...

TLC will have my arse,,, I bring this mean mother looking bike home... :duck:

STOC #
I think you guys are missing a very important aspect of this bike. The cooling ducts on the side act as tip-over protectors. The part that gets damaged from a fall is going to be cheap to replace according to Buell.

How many times have I heard folks complain about this feature missing on practically every other bike out there?

G
This is a sport bike which almost guarantees the availability of frame sliders. I put frame sliders on my Z1000 and they acted as excellent tip-over protection.

Top Bottom