New Rotax Buell

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Shaw i i i i i ing!!!!

Now if he'd put that engine in a faired bike with lightening ergos, I'd own a Buell.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
STOC #
Now if he'd put that engine in a faired bike with lightening ergos, I'd own a Buell.
Exciting new bike...no doubt. My interest will increase when the V-twin becomes V-Four, decent fairing, luggage, and all-day comfortable ergos.

STOC #
The ST is all-day comfort. I want a bike that is at least one-hour comfort with power you can actually access on the street UNLIKE my 600 Ninja.

And it has tip over protection. From Motorcycle.com...

"Two rather bulbous pieces of bodywork, one on each side and just below the upper fairing, do double duty as radiator air scoops and frame protectors. If you know newer Buells you know that they have a puck on the out most location of the frame spar acting as crash protectors. When the designers and engineers created the radiator cowling on the 1125R, they knew they had some cosmetic liability to deal with, so they just made them able to absorb a tipover or crash.

Because of their shape and an opposing metal strip behind the outer cowling, the whole thing acts like a leaf spring to soak up the blows. Best of all, the outer color-molded piece that usually gets the raw end of the deal is cheap to replace, according to Buell tech staff."

For me, if it fits me and the reviews continue to be good, I may have just found my 40th birthday present for January 2009.

G

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
Shaw i i i i i ing!!!!

A friend, former owner of a Buell with hard bags, sent me this on July 23:

"On the way to the BMW MOA rally in West Bend I realized we were going to pass right by East Troy and having owned two of the beasties my mind said "stop at Buell Rd, you idiot"...So with my traveling companion, Mike's permission, that is what we did...And there sitting in front of the main door to the Buell factory was a brand spankin' new 1125 to be photographed and sat upon...And then to top it off out walks Erik so we chatted with him for a few and upon leaving I said to Erik "I can't wait to see that with hard bads and a top case"...He just laughed and winked...But he remembers that the last time we met was at Fontana Village for a Deals Gap Buell rally and the old Buell tubers had just been canceled with no new sport touring bike on the horizon...There was a FL Buell dealer there who really took Erik to task for "giving up" on his old market...This dealer and almost all of his club members with him were on S3T's...

So one can only hope, but if I were a bettin' man..."

My friend (now a ST1300 owner, BTW) said that wink by Erik Buell tells him that we will see a 1125 bagger.

jasonJonas

Saver of Turtles
STOC #
i sure like the looks of the bike, but with my big arse on it it will look like i'm riding a thimble. still, i hope they sell a boat-load of them.

Top Bottom