Speakers for ST1300

STOC #
I like the idea of speakers, but I am just not sure where to put the subwoofer, cause I like Hip-Hop music and 4" speaker usually only good for vocals and mids down to 120Hz. Maybe I can convert my top case into a ported band pass sub box with a 8" sub. Hmmmm.

If your interested I have worked up a way to mount a sub-woofer under the passenger seat.

Thank you all for your informative posts! I hooked up a Zumo 550 to my ST1300 and while I had the panels off to install the Honda harness and cigarette lighter plug in the right panel, I decided to install speakers. Your posts have helped me in preparation to install. I'm already set for Bluetooth to the helmet speaker via my GPS and cell phone but I also will modify a car stereo to power the speakers. I'll let you know how it all works out.

If your interested I have worked up a way to mount a sub-woofer under the passenger seat.
Now was that for your or your girlfriend :)

On a more serious note, anyone NOT liking their polk speakers? I was about to order the DB401 speakers until I checked Polks site and noticed they make a 3.5" marine speaker (db351). I called a few local audio shops and one of them had it in stock for the same as the cheapest place online.

they're currently hooked up to this head unit on my desk and I think they sound a bit tinny, but that may be because the magnets are on a wooden desk and the speakers are pointed to the sky. Also, I did NOT wire in the bass blocker. It will probably sound completely different on the bike. Oh, these are going on a concours, which is why I went with the 3.5" instead of the 4".

I also have a Yaesu FTM-10R (also only hooked up here on my desk) so I'm thinking of ditching the above headunit and getting a small amp to power the speakers instead.

Bike
Honda ST1300
The speaker boxes are very hard to find so I bought 2 used Honda Goldwing speaker boxes off Ebay last week. In the next few weeks I am going to play with them to see if I can modify them to fit. The good new is right out of the gate they are designed for a 4" speaker and I believe thats what the ST speaker box is designed to hold.

These are the speaker and amp I am toying with. Not sure if the amp will fit. I was going to cut a block of wood in the size of the amp to see where I might put it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20640PS42/Kicker-PS42.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236MUD1002/MTX-MUD100-2.html

Any suggestion or ideas would be much appreciated.

Bike
ST 1300 PAN EUROPEAN
hello,

after a 3 weeks of hard work and a couple of enclosure variants, i do some enclosures (diffrent materials) but i`m not 100% satisfy, i search for six monts on internet to find this enclosures, and when I was close to quit for this searching, i found a set of enclosures :)

this week just arrived my 2 OEM enclosures + 2 OEM speakers for my 1300 ST.
i buy this enclosure from ebay with 99 euros + 26 euro shipping costs
today i speak with a guy (workshop making plastics), this guy promise me try to produce them, next days I give him this enclosure to try to copy
we are here in my city four ST1300 owners, i speak with a owner, he wants a set, and for the moment estimated costs is about 80-90 euros/set for a minimum 5 sets
if this guy can produce on a professional level (we do a test anyway), I would like to know if here are people who want to buy speakers enclosures made exactly as the original?!
thanks!

if your intending to use this out of town great but in town hearing other peoples music is very annoying
i own a Sony xseries mp3 player its old but Jesus it sounds amazing through some decent earbuds. no two speaker system listened to through a helmet is going to sound very good
it will make sound sure but quality goes out the window so why not a mp3 player in the pocket and earbuds in the ears?
i have a 660 sat nav so i can listen to music through that but have become used to glancing at it when i need to so prefer my own player.
if people want a simple solution get a lump of wood cut it to fit the width between your controls mark round the brake and clutch res and chisel out the shape. paint
the wood with a decent weatherproof paint. cable tie the wood on with big cable ties then either glue a decent Bluetooth speaker on or get something like the waterproof altech lifejacket that has a mount already
aim for 30w plus speaker. you can also angle the speaker upwards. the sound will be loud and very close to you.
if you want a nicer look get shorter grips move the controls out slightly and use a bolt on handlebar brace and attach the speaker to that

A year ago I was approaching a junction listening to music and the lights went green but nobody moved i paused for a second then went to go as a fire engine came roaring past. I couldnt hear it due to the earbuds playing music. Very soon after i switched to a bluetooth headset and changed my 660 that used to route me very badly to waze on my phone and a quadlock mount ontop of my dash. I tried a loud altec 30w speaker and after a certain speed i couldnt hear it well so i recommend a bluetooth unit and phone it works great and i can hear sirens. i would like an autocom but the gear is just too bulky otherwise i would consider it. quadlock is awesome

Top Bottom