MotoGP Shift

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Funny, I was just having this conversation with another long-time member.
I'll occasionally LIKE a years-old post, just because... but I won't generally Reply to one that old. And while I've been here a year, there are still thousands of unread posts. Typically the 1100 posts may not apply to me and my 1300, but even in those, there are pearls of wisdom.
As an example, the mother-of-all-Rostra threads was begun 15 years ago, has 16 pages, but I am interested enough to have taken 3 days to read through all of it. Yes, I can read... but it was a work-week.
Particularly given that other than the 28- to 40-watt alternator for the 11s, and the electric windscreen and SMC on the 13s, neither model has had an inordinate amount of significant changeology throughout their production years. (I just made that word up. Use it if you like.)
And I do note the thread date of origin, too. It's somewhat remarkable this forum still attracts the activity - and people - that it does, after all these years.
May it continue to do so.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
New forum members tend to do that because all threads are new to them, and they don't know to look for post dates.
Tell me something I don't know. You've "explained" to me the reason I made the post in the first place.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Years ago (~45) I owned both a Bultaco dirt bike and a Norton Commando both were 4-speeds back in the day. The 'Taco had a left side shifter with a reverse pattern whereas the Norton had right side shifter with a conventional pattern. They also had opposite kick starter locations, the 'Taco's being on the left and the Norton's on the right. The bikes were so different to each other that after a week or so of owning both, I was able to adapt naturally to which one I was riding without having to think about it. Of course I had a younger for adaptable brain back then I suppose.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
New forum members tend to do that because all threads are new to them, and they don't know to look for post dates.
That's actually not true... 'unread posts' for new members are every single post, there is a time cutoff for new posts - can't remember what that is - maybe 60 days. So, they found this via a search typically... just an FYI

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
What's fun now is to drive a stick shift for a while, then get in an automatic and stomp your left foot on the floor to start it.`
You know, maybe I've still got it then? My wife's car is an auto and mine is a manual. About the worst thing I've caught myself doing lately is tending to rest my hand on the selector, preparing for a downshift, when driving the auto when slowing down occasionally.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
What's fun now is to drive a stick shift for a while, then get in an automatic and stomp your left foot on the floor to start it.`
My commuter is a stick. It's even more fun, when you go to press the non-existent clutch pedal, and catch the edge of that wide brake pedal instead, and push that sucker directly into ABS-cycle land. Everything in the back of the 3ton SUV suddenly wants to be upfront with you. Ask me how I know.....
RT

Top Bottom