Vision Victory in Petty Tour

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
I saw on the news the Petty cross country tour was in progress, and he was riding a Vision, and several more where in the group. Did any of y'alll happen to see those bikes?

Only seen pics and don't know if I like it or not, but it is definately outside the box, and that has an appeal to some. But that is one looooooooong bike, and the turn signals on the front are like a Mac truck. But I'm thinking I kinda like it.

Bike
BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
That is about the ugliest MC I have ever seen. Japanese-American cross-over MC gone bad. IMHO just plain wrong on many levels, sick and wrong.

I agree with you Magna; that's the worst looking bike I have ever seen.
Plus it's a Polaris! Which means it will spend twice the time in the repair shop as any other bike or whatever they build.

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
I saw one at the NY Motorcycle Show...and thought that it was way cool! I am glad to see an American company dare to go in new directions instead of immitating HD.
And I would imagine that there will be more Visions on the road in a decade than the chompers that are featured on Speed TV....

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Am I the only one who's looking at the headlight/turn signal styling, and then looking at the back lights on that motorcycle and thinking, Heeeeey!! They stole that from MY motorcycle!!

Bike
ST1300 SOLD
STOC #
I've seen it sitting in a parking lot full of almost every brand bike made, and it certainly stands out. It's one big machine. It was interesting to hear the comments from the people looking at it. As stated above, its love hate it.
Hats off to Victory for offering something a bit different.

Last edited:

Ken

Bike
2009 Goldwing
STOC #
I was on one at Bike Week in Daytona this year. The CoG is low and it feels really nice. Very comfy for passenger too. The V-twin has a nice sound to it. It looks big but really a lot of it is the headlight and the top box :) As far as weight goes, it's pretty much in line with what you would expect from a touring machine with that amount of stock amenities, maybe a little chunkier. But there's no reverse to back that big mama up!

Vision - 849 lbs
GL1800A - 800 lbs

STOC #
I did the KPCR. Those Visions were awesome! Really peppy! Super comfortable. I didn't get to ride one for a leg (no one wanted to trade for my ST....said the Vision was way more comfortable...). My only complaint for them would be the storage in the side bags. In that huge side bag, is a small box for storage (I used to have Corbin Beetle Bags on ym VTX1300. At least with them, the whole bag was storage). I will definetly consider the Vision, but would have to be with the trunk.

Top Bottom