Wind deflector fairing kit

I got the fairing wind deflector and mirror deflector kits installed this past week. Im riding an 06:06biker: , so it's black of course and I think it looks pretty good on the black ones. :cool:

Installation was fairly simple, except for the nervous feeling when you take a power drill to your fairing.:eek: I stuck the deflectors on nice and tight then drilled the small holes for the tapping screws. Seemed to tighten up real nice on all sides.

Today was the first chance to test it out on the interstate. I would say it was worth it for long distance riding. Im a larger guy 6' with wide legs, the deflector seems to add two or three inches on each side. I can ride with my legs relaxed, slightly away from the tank and there's no turbulence, couldn't do that before. The mirror deflectors have taken a lot of buffeting off the forearms.

Of course, there was still some turbulence felt in dirty air but overall I would say Im happy with the deflectors improvement. Im still running with the stock shield which Im not happy with, so that's the next farkle I think.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom