Article [13] ST1300 - Top Box Power

corky51

loST
Bike
07 ST1300
My 2007 St is done exactly as you have yours [no, I hadn't seen yours]. I have my cell charging, laptop charging as I drive and parked at night on the road. My St has one more quick disconnect supplying power to the LED brake light spoiler. The wires are visible, but easier to disconnct as shown. Way to go.

Saint Joe

Joe
Bike
'12 ST1300A
Here's another option for power in the topbox.
I pulled a couple of 14ga wires through the existing LED brake light wire tubing and put a plug on the end under the seat so I can unplug it along with the LED brake light connector. Inside the top box, I just cut a slit into the plastic tubing where I wanted my 14ga wires to come out.

Cheap, easy, and no extra parts to buy or holes to cut - after all, it was all I could do to even drill the topbox for the LED brake light wires. I even used the stick-on zip ties to hold the brake light wire inside so I wouldn't have to drill holes for the nylon wire holders that came with the topbox as I could see myself drilling all the way through for these wire holders!

Joe

Attachments

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I did a similar mounting... used the $5 connector from the solar place.
Tucked mine up and under the box, out of sight, hoping less chance of accident or curious fingers playing with it.

Outside view
inlet outside.jpg

Where it comes into the trunk space
inlet inside.jpg

Wire leads
interior trunk.jpg

Trunk flipped over
trunk_flipped.jpg

Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
Hi,

I did it the same way jevance did. Thought I was being unique until I saw this thread. :)

Radio Shack sells a 3-Way Enercell Power Outlet adapter to SAE plug. I bought an SAE extension from Advance autoparts. Clipped off one end and ran it through the existing wiring harness and connected a power connector. I then wired it to power off of the switched line coming from the main fuse block.

So just like his I can quick connect/disconnect, that is if I ever want to take the top box off.
20140830_140643.jpg20140830_161428.jpg20140830_161513.jpg

And yes... I screwed up the color of the extension and the adapter so red does NOT go to red. Learned that the hard way.
Russ

Last edited:
Bike
St1300
might have to consider this myself, As when i charge my mobile in the front pockets it seems to get quite warm in there.

Top Bottom