My no-mar tire changer (HF Mods)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Bolted mine to the floor today and made my own mojo blocks from Ikea cutting board. Cost me $2 for the cutting board.

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
No, I returned the first one and purchased a second. Same result. Since I had the base bolted to the floor I tried to spin the mc attachment all the way down. I was able to get within 1.5" of full. Pulled the attachment off and the were pieces of metal from the threads. I am unable to determine if thread pitch is the same because of the sleave.

looks good, did you get that other problem worked out, with the M/C adapter not screwing all the way down?

Bike
2010 ST1300
looks good, did you get that other problem worked out, with the M/C adapter not screwing all the way down?
I returned the lower post and the MC changer adapter piece today. The store manager let me open boxes to make sure the replacement parts would work together. All back togeether and rebolted to the floor. Awaiting my new PR4's to arrive so I can give it a try.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yep, cost me all of about $4 here. I bought a 4 ft section thinking I was going to hrlp a local fellow out, but never heard from him. So I have a 2' piece for my changer and a 2' piece to hammer other things with.

In St Louis I use Shapiro supply, but dig online and I bet you can find a local metal company that sells retail for 1/5 of what box stores will charge you.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Also... I took the included OEM 1" hollow tube and sliced it across 2" up from the threads. This way zi have a tighter socket to receive the 3/4" rod and I can slide the original tube over the rod while it is in the socket to give me the 1" axle bar when needed.

2218.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
Also... I took the included OEM 1" hollow tube and sliced it across 2" up from the threads. This way zi have a tighter socket to receive the 3/4" rod and I can slide the original tube over the rod while it is in the socket to give me the 1" axle bar when needed.

2218.jpg
Great idea. I will shamelessly steal it for my use.:D:D:bow1:

I returned the lower post and the MC changer adapter piece today. The store manager let me open boxes to make sure the replacement parts would work together. All back togeether and rebolted to the floor. Awaiting my new PR4's to arrive so I can give it a try.
good Job,, are you saying you replaced the whole bottom changer, the part that has the Breaker and everything? And also the top M/C adapter?
Is tthis just for you M/C or for friends, of people that pay you?
Like my Sportster uses 3/4" ID on the bearings, so that is what I would use. I am still on the fence, I may just build a fixture out of and old car rim, like is shown on several sites.
I don't know yet.
I had visions of doing all the neighborhood riders Tires, But that probably isn't gonna happen. So, as much as I'll use it, I may just build the fixture (Can mount on my wooden woodworking bench temporally)
using some 1/2" ACME thread, and some 1/2 Up to 3/4" sleeves, and maybe some other sleeves as needed.

Bike
2010 ST1300
good Job,, are you saying you replaced the whole bottom changer, the part that has the Breaker and everything? And also the top M/C adapter?
Is tthis just for you M/C or for friends, of people that pay you?
Like my Sportster uses 3/4" ID on the bearings, so that is what I would use. I am still on the fence, I may just build a fixture out of and old car rim, like is shown on several sites.
I don't know yet.
I had visions of doing all the neighborhood riders Tires, But that probably isn't gonna happen. So, as much as I'll use it, I may just build the fixture (Can mount on my wooden woodworking bench temporally)
using some 1/2" ACME thread, and some 1/2 Up to 3/4" sleeves, and maybe some other sleeves as needed.

Yup, had to replace the post for the lower and the the mc adapter part that threads on to the post. As far as changing others tired I might. Cost of the HF parts is 83.00, cutting boards 3.00ish, 3/4 rod 11.00. So I will almost recoup my cost with one tire change. I am considering ordering a mojo bar.

Top Bottom