Best Headlight Replacement Bulbs??

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Cindy at Evitek had the F2s in H5 but I didn't ask about the H7s. I have yet to order.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I had a dinger on my ST1100 head light lens. Since I was replacing it, I bought a European head light housing. Problem solved! H4 fit right in place, no shims no snipping tabs. Install the lamp of your choice, swing the wire bale over the lamp and secure it. You're done! Plus the light disbursement is much better. The 1100 ABS II "brain" is right behind the lamps and there isn't much room for you to move your hands around.

The US DOT regulations about the 90 watt restrictions are a bit grey. I think the 90 watt rule applies if the head lamp assembly is like the 1100's and not 2 distinctive separate lamp housings.

Last edited:

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I had a dinger on my ST1100 head light lens. Since I was replacing it, I bought a European head light housing. Problem solved! H4 fit right in place, no shims no snipping tabs. Install the lamp of your choice, swing the wire bale over the lamp and secure it. You're done! Plus the light disbursement is much better. The 1100 ABS II "brain" is right behind the lamps and there isn't much room for you to move your hands around.

The US DOT regulations about the 90 watt restrictions are a bit grey. I think the 90 watt rule applies if the head lamp assembly is like the 1100's and not 2 distinctive separate lamp housings.

Is there a difference between the UK headlight housings and those on the Pans sold in the European countries that drive on the right side of the road?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Ron said:
I haven't found the reg to read it but I think what you said is exactly the crux of the reg. The 1100 and 1300 have similar headlight assemblies in that there is no physical optical border between the two.

It seems most every other relatively moder bike with two completely separate headlights ships with H-4 style bulbs. I don't know if that holds for bikes with factory LEDs. I'd hope so.

Bike
ST1100AY/EZS sidecar
Is there a difference between the UK headlight housings and those on the Pans sold in the European countries that drive on the right side of the road?
Yes it is a different headlight housing for the UK/Ireland who drive on the left side of the road.
Different Honda part numbers for UK/Ireland and mainland Europe.

Bike
VStrom 650
I'm pretty sure my UK bike has a flat dip so why would EU have a different unit. Mines marked Stanley 5266, it takes two H4.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom