Replacing ST1100 Taillight Bulbs

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Sadly, cancer took Ted Norris STOC 658, from us in May of 2013.

Last I heard his son was riding his beautiful sidecar rig.

John
via iPhone 4S in Cheyene, WY, 810 miles today. WeSTOC-bound!

BudC

'91 ST STOC# 422
STOC #
Sadly, cancer took Ted Norris STOC 658, from us in May of 2013.

Last I heard his son was riding his beautiful sidecar rig.

John
via iPhone 4S in Cheyene, WY, 810 miles today. WeSTOC-bound!
That's one of the problems in getting old: your friends do, too.

See you in Fortuna.

Ok the swap was successful. I was able to reach the bulbs, it was simple, thanks to the help given above :-D

1) Remove seat, reach the tool pouch, pull the two tabs inward and fold the back plastic panel forward, exposing the 4 bulb holders

After installing, I can definitely see that the lights are brighter. In the video below, 3 bulbs are LED and the left turn light is still a halogen bulb, for comparison.

[video=youtube;sEKRbmXlFxE]

Hope the pics & video helps whoever comes along next on this path.

Regards,
Vishnu
Thankyou for posting these pictures, I needed access to this area, and not in a million years i would have imagined that those elusive bulbs were laughing right at my face ....now they are mine yeap yaep
Ok the swap was successful. I was able to reach the bulbs, it was simple, thanks to the help given above :-D

1) Remove seat, reach the tool pouch, pull the two tabs inward and fold the back plastic panel forward, exposing the 4 bulb holders

After installing, I can definitely see that the lights are brighter. In the video below, 3 bulbs are LED and the left turn light is still a halogen bulb, for comparison.

[video=youtube;sEKRbmXlFxE]

Hope the pics & video helps whoever comes along next on this path.

Regards,
Vishnu
thankyou for posting these pictures, not in a million years would I have thought that these rascals were hiding right behind that black tray....now I can replace my lights.

Top Bottom