Boots boots? what do you wear??

STOC #
I have a pair of Harley Davidson boots, have had them two years, the zipper tongue is gone, the sole is coming loose in the arch,and its time to buy new boots ,trying to find something i can ride in and walk in to.
I was out looking today and it hit me ,Lace or Zipper, slip on or a combo,
On line or Store
Help me out ,I ride a Honda,not a Harley..:bow1:

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
My No.1 fav is now my Diodora Express WP.
No. 2 are my TM Solutions, also WP.

I can wear either all day on or off a bike. Because they are WP, they are a bit warm in summer.

Last edited:

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
I ride in Red Wings, not waterproof but dang near. Comfy from day one. I like the slip on. Only bad thing is, they makes your socks black for the first year or so. Go to a store and have your foot sized. They clean and oil for free for the life of the boot. 3 years so far and still look and feel like brand new. High ankles give me the support I was looking for...

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex (Gen 1). Lots of protection, very comfortable, genuinely waterproof. I'd buy them again, though I'd have to see the Gen 2 model first.

Check www.NewEnough.com for boots.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Fine Italian Leather

For myself, Aerostich Combat Lites. VERY nice, and don't look too much like something Han Solo would wear. They were tough to break in, but once I did... ohhh, so comfy.

They're made by Sidi for Aerostich.

It's been my overall experience that when it comes to motorcycling boots, always go with an Italian brand.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I have Oxtars. One set for winter, one set for summer. Absolutely waterproof, absolutely comfortable on and off the bike.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Sidi, they are great on the bike but they were not comfortable to walk in until I put my custom insoles from my ski boots in them. Now they are great all around, I should have thought of my insoles sooner.

lddave

been there
STOC #
BMW Goretex and Aerostich Combat Touring.
The BMW are waterproof, easy to walk in.
The Combat Touring are not waterproof, heavy, but give max protection.

Bike
ST 1300
AlpineStar "Ridge" boot. Waterproof, solid, very protective and attractive @ a very low price, Can't beat it!!!
My back-up pair are a set of Honda boots, similar to the Tourmaster "Response" boot, but I forget the model number. Also, very nice.

Last edited:
STOC #
I have a pair of Harley Davidson boots, have had them two years, the zipper tongue is gone, the sole is coming loose in the arch,and its time to buy new boots ,trying to find something i can ride in and walk in to.
I was out looking today and it hit me ,Lace or Zipper, slip on or a combo,
On line or Store
Help me out ,I ride a Honda,not a Harley..:bow1:
www.newenough.com usually has good deals and sometimes you can steal a pair of boots on closeout. They are very accomodating for returns if you don't like the fit.

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
AlpineStar "Ridge" boot. Waterproof, solid, very protective and attractive @ a very low price, Can't beat it!!!
+1 On these, I have a high arch and a wide foot,,,these work well

Last edited:
STOC #
AlpineStars EFFEX gortex boot,one up in the line from the WEB gortex. They seemed to me to be slightly wider than the Web. Completely waterproof and really comfortable in 38-95 degree weather (havent ridden beyond those temps)... newenough sells them...

Deleted member 5682

Stealth.... a full boot military style boot, but verrry light...
A LEO uniform favorite.... stylish = neutral
About $70 bucks

Under the jeans or riding pants.... looks like any black shoes.
Laces in the front... excellent zippers along the sides with velcro covers.

Mine are 2 years old with many bike miles.... hardly any visible wear.

JMHO....

Top Bottom