Boots boots? what do you wear??

STOC #
I liked my Sidi Champion, now only available as "air". Sport tepor looks the closest in new line-up. They were comfortable on and off bike and wore well. Only problem was with the "Lorica" outer. Over time and scuffs there was no way to cover-up the scuffs. I have had Oxtax MatrixII since June and they have been great boots as well. On, off bike, waterproof, leather and they will take polish for the scuff problem. Oxtar is "re-branding" so you may be able to find a close out buy on them.

Alpinestars SMX Plus: http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Plus_Racing_Boot/pd/np/111/p/20512.html

They are not listed as waterproof, but I have never had wet feet on my ST1300 (non-vented version). They have an inner lacing system for support, then the outer layer has a zipper, and adjustable plastic clamp for the upper calf closure. I have large (around) calves:22yikes: and this type of boot is the only one I can get to fit.

Cost was not my primary issue, but safety; they are listed as race boots. When I lay it down, I want to mitigate the damage to my feet. These are not great to walk in, but I put 10,000 miles on mine last summer. I walked enough to need new soles, and Alpinestars replaced the boots for $75.00 (great customer service). Next summer I plan to carry a pair of tennis shoes in the side box.

I will put up with the issues associated with putting these on and off for the added safety this type of boot will provide.

I ride in Red Wings, not waterproof but dang near. Comfy from day one. High ankles give me the support I was looking for...
+1 on the Red Wings. I used these in construction and never looked back. I don't have the motorcycle ones, just the general lace up boots. Great support, very comfortable for all day rides, and easy/comfortable to wear when not on the bike. I have a pair of Honda motorcycle boots, but they are no where near as comfortable.

STOC #
Oxtar Infinity boots

Absolutely look like Power Ranger boots :D , but they do fit under every pair of riding pants I own, including jeans.
I prefer the complete waterproof design, full protection, and a sole that won't slip, even in a puddle of oil.

DeSTy

King of the Bling
Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Gaerne Aquatech - Waterproof touring boots. Best shoe/boot I've ever worn. Only shoe I take when I tour on the bike cause I can wear them 24/7 in comfort and they look like normal boots with your jeans down over the calf section.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
+1 on the Red Wings. I used these in construction and never looked back. I don't have the motorcycle ones, just the general lace up boots. Great support, very comfortable for all day rides, and easy/comfortable to wear when not on the bike. I have a pair of Honda motorcycle boots, but they are no where near as comfortable.
Red Wings for me also. I have the insulated, waterproof boots. The insulation keeps the feet from heating up too much in real hot weather. Had 'em for about three years. Lacing isn't too bad. Plus, you can wear them to shovel snow.

Bill

STOC #
Icon leather boots in winter - waterproof enough, easy on & off with buckles like ski boots. Sidi Doha goretex in summer.

Oxtar Matrix 2 Waterproof, comfy, warm when using wool socks. They are starting to show some wear and tear but they are working 100%. May be those with narrow fit will want to insert a sole. Looks ok with a pair of jeans, but when a Harley rider sees you in them he knows ,,, :)

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Oxtar Infinity boots

Absolutely look like Power Ranger boots :D , but they do fit under every pair of riding pants I own, including jeans.
I prefer the complete waterproof design, full protection, and a sole that won't slip, even in a puddle of oil.

Same....love them,,,,,

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
I needed boots I could ride to work in and not have to change injto another set of shoes while there.
I went with Redwing safty toe hikers 6880 as they can do both pretty well and fit great .They advertize waterproof but I havent tested other than soaking in a sink of water for a min .(they passed that )
Also I have had Redwings before and they just plain last !

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
AlpineStars EFFEX gortex boot,one up in the line from the WEB gortex. They seemed to me to be slightly wider than the Web. Completely waterproof and really comfortable in 38-95 degree weather (havent ridden beyond those temps)... newenough sells them...
Agreed! I tried both on here local and liked the WEB with gortex and like the comfort for the $. I to have a wide foot, I wear 12 E and several boots jus' weren't wide enough for their lenght size. Sharon likes her SIDI boots that we got from newenough, she has a narrow-small foot so she's easier to fit.

Ride safe.... Ed :D

Aerostich Combat's
As said before they take awhile to break in... Never had a leak, thickest leather built to last.

Tom
:03biker:

I wear Tour Master Solutions for most of my riding but also have Red Wings that I use for work. I am a believer in Red Wings. I'm a lineman for Centerpoint Energy and have been thru many a lineman boots in my 37 years and the Red Wings hold up well.

Top Bottom