Boots boots? what do you wear??

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
No doubt the Alpinstars are great boots and will be on my short list next time I need them.

I luckily stumbled on the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots and frankly could not be more happy. They are waterproof, lightweight, can do lots of walking with no issues, and not overly hot even in Florida. Best thing was the price of about $130. The Alpinstars look better constructed but these have proven to be bulletproof so far!

Try a couple of pair on see which best for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I wear the Sidi Escape. Love 'em. Good for riding, good for walking. Easy to get in and out of.

But I'm now considering seriously the Alpinestar Ridge. As someone earlier posted; waterproof and inexpensive. Looks good!

Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I wear Sidi Onroad and love them. I ride in all weather and I've got happy toes. BMW older generation waterproof resoled 3x was another. This is one of those things you really have to look at what you want the boots to do, waterproof, armored,walking, resole-able, velcro VS zipper VS buckles closings, height of boot, color and of course, price. Best of luck and happy hunting. Jim

Bike
2006 St1300
I have a set of Oxtars. Very comfortable and fit my size 14 foot!

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
One of the things that would help boot shoppers is what type of foot various models fit best. For example, Oxtars are way too wide for my skinny, long foot. Tourmaster Solutions are narrow, but not extremely so. Sidi and Setup (if available) are the best for my narrow foot. Hope this helps. Let's hear some more fittings!

Mondo

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Joe Rocket Sonics on my feet. Got them on clearance at a great price. There are lots of good boots out there but everyone's fit and feel will be a little different.

For me, boots have to be comfortable 'cause I don't like hauling around another pair of shoes unless I have to for some other reason. Waterproofing is also important although few boots are totally so. Even new 'weatherproof' boots get a nikwax or other waterproofing treatment before they go on the road.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Frank Thomas Apollo Aqua.

Very comfortable even for walking, waterproof still (after wearing them every week day for 3 years).

Don't think they make these any more though, but when I eventually need to replace them I'll probably go for the same make again.

Eclipse327

G.B. Packer fan
STOC #
I have looked at the Triumph TriTech 2's and like them but due to $ concerns I am wearing Mechanix boots. One of my main concerns is a tall heel since I am vertically challanged. I also like some decent padding so that I can walk in them
for decent stretches.

:04biker: :04biker: :04biker:

Canuck

My other brother Canuck
I had them for 3 years now, love them !!! http://www.3rdwatchshoes.com

The Men's T600 is a black paratrooper boot with the following features:
- Full Grain Leather with High Shine Toe Cap and Back Stay
- Anti-Fatigue Insole
- Fully Lined with Moisture-Wicking Breathable Cambrelle? Lining
- Rubber Lug Sole with Goodyear Welt Construction
- Triple Stitched and Riveted Quarter Panels for Durability
- Full Length Side Zipper
- Steel Shank
- Cordura? Laces

http://www.3rdwatchshoes.com

Mark 05STA

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Oxtar Matrix Gore Tex (gen 1). Only riding boots I've had that are waterproof. Comfortable...I like the velcro flaps that let me tighten up across the top of my narrow feet and around my skinny calves.

Just got the Mrs a new set of boots, very nice, going fast at this price.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I just ordered these. I have a pair of their ST Dry boots now, they have kept me dry through many rainy rides like Aqua STOC. So I stuck with Gaerne. They are a very comfortable boot made in Italy all leather with a stay dry lining that really works. I tried the Oxtars but they just didn't fit my foot.:03biker:

Attachments

Top Bottom