Armor Need Help with moving Armor

Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
Any suggestions are welcome.

I have a pair of Olympia Airglide Pants which I really like EXCEPT the knee armor rotates to the inside of each knee after I mount the bike. If I ever lowside there is no armor on the outside of my knee or shin.

I have placed the armor as far to the outside of the pocket in the leg as I can and I rotate the armor into an outside position as I mount the bike, but it very quickly just rotates around. There are side full leg zippers on both legs that prevent any repositioning of the inner pocket that holds the armor.

I could wear independent knee armor that straps to each leg but that is uncomfortable and hot.

What mesh riding pants with knee and hip armor have you found that keep the knee armor in the correct position while in the riding position that is slightly tweaked to the outside of the leg so as to provide protection in a lowside situation?

All suggestions welcome.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Doesn't the armor sit in a pocket, maybe with velcro to hold it in place?

OP
OP
Eric506
Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
The armor does sit in a pocket, BUT I cannot rotate the armor to the outside of the leg any farther as the zippered seam prevents that. I usualy rotate the entire pant leg so the armor sits correctly, but as I ride the pant legs naturally rotate back to their natural position within a few minutes. I cannot reinstal the pocket because there is a full length leg zipper. It just seems like the constructon of the pants prevents proper knee armor placement.

Maybe a set of the clip on bands that attach to the bottom of the pants legs and go under your boots would keep the legs from turning inward?

Omega.Rider

Weapons-grade stupid
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
My Joe Rockets keep the kneed armor in place pretty well. However, the cupped knee armor is only in place when I'm on the bike. When I walk around, the kneed pads feel weird because they are sitting too low. :p

Omega.Rider

Weapons-grade stupid
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Yes, yes I do. Along with the JR Ballistic 5 pants for colder weather. I like both, but I'll probably replace the mesh this summer for one of the brands that offer longer legs. My 36" inseam is just too long for the JRs.

Top Bottom