hand gaurds

Bike
2010 ST1300
I read an article in the ironbutt rag about a guy who farkled his Kawi C14 with them. I have been in email contact with twisted throttle and they assure me they will work.

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Re: hand guards

I've been wanting to do this mod, but after looking at the front brake lever pivot bolt location I find that the throttle cable tubes sit right above the pivot bolt. How have people been dealing with the interference of the throttle cables?

I have an 1100 with Heli brand adjustable handle bars ( first generation- not the ones current offered, although it appears to me that the following applies to 2nd gen as well) and have been wrestling with the installation process. I find that the guards obscure my mirrors too much to tolerate . the only reason i'm installing 'em is to have something to permanently attach my handlebar muffs to. ( for those times when cold conditions,over rides the need for good vision to the rear.) I've arbitrarily decided that this change over should be in under10 minutes and only involved a simple screwdriver. This is an ongoing project, and judging by my slow progress, it won't be until spring that I have my ideal solution.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A

I find that the guards obscure my mirrors too much to tolerate.
On my ST1300, equipped with a MotorcleLarry bar riser, the Suzuki handguards blocked vision in the upper inboard corners of my mirrors. But that space is still used because I stuck a couple small rectangular convex (wide angle) mirrors in those corners with double-back tape. Turned out to be a win-win situation.

Last edited:
STOC #

I've been wanting to do this mod, but after looking at the front brake lever pivot bolt location I find that the throttle cable tubes sit right above the pivot bolt. How have people been dealing with the interference of the throttle cables?
Filed a bit of material so the tubes will no longer interfere.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I ordered a set of Barkbusters Blizzard guards. I will post pic's after I install them.
So they arrived. I am still looking for long enough bolts. Barkbusters said that 2 M6x110 countersunk socket head bolts are needed. Comes with a variety of fasteners that are to short. The pic with my hand is the close out panel. It velcros in place

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Ok, so I mounted the BarkbuSTers today. I stopped at FaSTenal on the way to work and purchased the M6X110 bolts and inSTalled them in the parking lot. 110's are to long so I exchanged for 100s. I did install a large area washer under the head of the bolt. The BarkbuSTers STill allow full right turn and minimal blocking of the upper part of the mirror. I am 5' 7" and don't think it will be a problem for you taller riders. I ride with a GoCruise and there is no interference.

Attachments

Top Bottom