Show me pics of your camp sites!!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Personally, I prefer the smaller images that I can click to see larger if I choose. Scrolling through lots of very large images is a bit distracting, to me at least. Also, when posting multiple images, it helps view-ability if you put a space or blank line between images. That way, they don't run together. My 2 cents. ;)

23- Day 3 - Balsam Mtn. Camp 2.jpg 9- Day 2 Willville Bike Camp 1.jpg

44- Day 6 Buff River Camp 2.jpg

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Do you mean an external album like photobucket?
Actually, I meant the albums that are part of this site. I *think* the same trick works for externally-hosted content but we have seen cases where someone has forgotten to share their external content so all their posts show is a non-working link. So I always post the photos to my ST-O albums then link from that so I *know* it's part of this site. That also keeps me from accidentally wiping something out in a post if I ever change, remove, or abandon the external content.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have lots of camping photos, but this has to be my favourite campsite shot. Guess where - if you know NW Scotland.

I'll guess, Scourie? yeah I did a google search HAHA Looks like a great place to tent camp. Maybe I'll make it over someday.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Here is my campsite at WiSTOC earlier this month... (added using the Insert Image icon... click on image to get a larger image)
Click image for larger version. Name: camping-tent at WiSTOC 2016-2a.jpg Views: 5 Size: 162.5 KB ID: 177507
How do you like that ALPS tent? Almost got one recently when Amazon had it for $112. Costs more now.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
How do you like that ALPS tent? Almost got one recently when Amazon had it for $112. Costs more now.
FWIW, I have the same (or similar) tent... an Alps Mountaineering Edge 4. I've only used it maybe 10 nights but like it a lot. It goes up quick, has entry and vestibule on both ends, the rainfly goes all the way down all around and it's tall enough to get my gear on, although I can't stand up fully in it. The 4 man has plenty of room for 2 and their gear. One drawback on this model is a clear plastic 'window' in the rainfly that can't be covered up, as sold. No big deal for me but some complained about it. I paid $120 for it at REI summer 2015 but I think it's discontinued now.

22- Day 3 - Balsam Mtn. Camp 1.jpg

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
It's the Alps Mountaineering Extreme 2 and I like it a lot. Similar to my former Mountainsmith Escape tent except that it has that extra pole over the center to pull it out for much more room inside. The floor is actually wider in the center than at the ends, not a rectangle or square but almost like a narrow hexagon (6 sided) shape, yet not really a narrow tent to me. Very different than the typical dome tents like the Alps Edge series. The main poles on this one cross each other twice, once at each end, and there is that center pole that goes over the center. I thought about getting the Extreme 3 or even the Extreme Outfitter 3, which has bigger zippers and heavier floor material, but decided the 2 was plenty for me and the pole length when packed is only 21" vs 24" for both 3s. Keep watching that price. I first saw it for $112 and when I went to buy in June the price jumped to $206. I waited for about a week and the price dropped to $112 again so I bought it. Plug the Amazon web address for it into the web site camelcamelcamel.com to see how often the price goes up and down. It's actually below the average price for the last 2 years but this year has been at $112 a lot. I like the 2 doors and vestibules. They are large vestibules too! I put my boots and sandals in the smaller part on one side of the door and lots of other stuff in the larger part on the other side of the door. I use the "back" vestibule to store my dry bags and some other packing gear I don't need to get to much. I did a product review on this a few months back on the forum and included a link to more photos of the tent.

IMG_20160626_151603114_2.jpg

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Here's one from a few years back, camping at Meat Cove on the northern tip of Nova Scotia off the Cabot Trail. Awesome spot and the sunrise was even better!

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Angusvale, VIC (an old goldmine area, now abandoned):

The camouflage camper trailer my mate, Bob towed with his Can-Am Spyder, the grey camper trailer I towed with the Mighty ST13.
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 1.jpg

Fun was had by all, including a beer or three, perhaps more, by me.
Pic 2.jpg

IMG_1523-L.jpg

Here's a link from home:
https://goo.gl/maps/CXp44rJQ3vB2

PS. How about some of you guys put in a Google Maps link too, it'll help guys like me from the other side of the world get some perspective re. location of some of these camp sites. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Three sites favored for the pleasant memories they bring back.

The Hammond Farm in Casey IL on my only Moonshine Lunch Run, April 2017:
P4070737w.jpg

And in August of that same year, the town park in Ridgway IL. Found it entirely by fortunate chance.
IMG_1308.JPG

May 2018: a pleasant hidey-hole at French Creek State Park, PA.
P5260912.JPG

The fire ring and grill were brand new, so I *had to* break them in properly. What a pleasure.
P5260916.JPG

Top Bottom