Aftermarket seat pictures thread

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
This possibly should be under the seats farkles section ,but I thought it might get more attention here.

I have searched extensively and found as many pictures of various aftermarket seats for the ST1300 here as possible.

There must be quite a few guys who have seats with different upholstery treatments like colored panels or colored piping or even leather from different manufacturers or custom work.

I'd like to see some pictures to get some ideas on what looks good as well as gives comfort too.

So if you have an aftermarket seat please post pictures if you can.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Seats section is the correct place.

If you look at the sticky above, 'Current Seat Manufacturers' it will help some.

I haven't see many variations on seats beyond what the manufacturers provide. Nothing like alligator or snake skin ... LOL

But, this is a good idea so if we get more actual pics, I'll sticky this thread here as well.

OP
OP
Blue One

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Thanks guys, lets see some Russel seats too...in fact lets see any aftermarket ST 1300 seat pictures you have even if they are standard build. All good for reference. As Joe said if we get lots of pictures this can be a "sticky" for reference.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here are my Russell Pics.

I had Velour at first, but it fadded in only a few months where it looked white, so I had them recover the front seat and another pillion seat in the leather. My wife still has the velour, which is on only when she rides with me, which is not very often.

View attachment 30017 View attachment 30018 View attachment 30019

SilverBullet

Harold Buckner
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That one looks comfortable....post a thread reporting on its comfort once you get it.
I will do that. The last owner said it was comfortable for him. He went from being sore with the stock saddle at 150 mi to 700+ with the Rick Mayer.

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hey STNY...

Dang!

That's a nice saddle!

What did set you back if I may ask? And what model is that?

That just looks so much more comfortable than a Corbin/Sageant!

I dread sitting on my stock seat after seeing that!

Regards....Greg:)

PS...What's up Bill in Sterling!!!!!

Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
Greg, that's the Russell, rider and pillion.

I did stock, we all know how bad they are, 75 miles into a ride I was uncomfortable and squirming in the seat. Went to Sargant and that was good for 200 miles and the squirming started again. Thought about Spencer, which a lot of people spoke highly of, but I wanted to ride and was tired of trying different saddles.

So after reading many post on here and other MC sites, I kept hearing nothing but good news about the Russell and just wanted to ride all day with out any discomfort, BEST MOVE I EVER MADE PERIOD.

Do yourself and your butt a favor and be done with it, get a Russell, you will not regret it. 500 miles a day is a piece of cake.

As for price I got in on a group buy I saw on the FJR site 2 years ago.
I paid $550.00 shipped to my door Leather seating area rider and pillion, vinyl sides, and I had the hardware installed for a driver back rest which I never purchased.

Seriously be done with it and GET A RUSSELL.

Tom

Hey STNY...

Dang!

That's a nice saddle!

What did set you back if I may ask? And what model is that?

That just looks so much more comfortable than a Corbin/Sageant!

I dread sitting on my stock seat after seeing that!

Regards....Greg:)

PS...What's up Bill in Sterling!!!!!

Bike
ST1300 '05
No way round it, a Russell's on my gotta have list (along with Corbins Smuggler I think), thanks for your input Tom, seemed spendy at first but I've yet to hear anyone say anything bad about Russell, in fact most seem to feel the same way as you. Good product, good service, and anymore even the junk stuff is spendy!

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Tom....

Thanks for the info on the Russell...Man you are correct on all points. 550..that must be an all leather?

Anyhow thanks for the info and I'll start selling my blood to afford one!

Regards...Greg:)

Bike
08 st1300
Has anyone here tried Mean city cycles?? i used them on my last bike and they were great they take your stock seat ask u your height and weight and then fix the seat accordingly with different levels of memory foam and then recover it. I had guys that had the Corbin seats sit on mine and could not believe the difference and about a 3rd of the price..... Just an offering

Top Bottom