Show me your Top Box!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I will soon be in the market for a top box. I've pretty much decided on a Givi E52 due both to cost and overall utility. I have gotten plenty of info from the group and for my use, I feel it's the right unit.

The thing I'm agonizing over is what color. I have the '06 in fast Black, but I'm not sure if I should do the gloss or flat black version. The issue isn't the money... it's not enough difference to sway me. I just want to know what looks the best. The panniers are half gloss and half flat, so I'm just not sure.

So, if you have a black ST and either box, could you help me make my decision by posting a pic?

Thanks!

- Jeff

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Good Idea.. I'm sticking this thread.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
See attached. Note the rubber foot stuck to the side of the box to keep the antenna from whacking it.

Sorry for the picture quality... The reflective stuff on the back has made it impossible to photograph the back of the bike with a flash.

--Mark

Attachments

Bike
Ford F150
STOC #
BIKE TRIPS 168 - Copy.JPG

BIKE TRIPS 193.JPG

BIKE TRIPS 166 - Copy.JPG:04biker: J C Whitney.....$70............quick detachable......holds a full face helmet......with pouring rain all 230 miles to Moonshine,never leaked a drop..great little box for the bucks:bow1:

Last edited:
STOC #
I'll second that one. No picture, but I have the shiny black and you can't tell it's not stock unless you look at the name on it. Color and shape are perfect!

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
cruiserbackrest has them on ebay occasionally. search for bestem 2012 or st1300 trunk or st1100 trunk or a few other related searches. bestem usually works. sometimes they have them, sometimes they dont. i watched for about a month before finding mine in silver

OP
OP
IlliniST
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I 3rd getting the painted black. I have an E52 on my 1300 (transferred from my 1100), and it looks great! Good match for the '06.

That said, my one warning is that if you have a passenger, the GIVI will eat about 2" of seating room on the 1300 (is fine on the 1100). That'$ why I ju the $$$ for a new Hondaline. The wife needed the extra 2". She's not heavy by any means, but that 2" makes a big difference. And if Momma ain't happy, ain't NObody happy. :)

I will have a complete GIVI mounting plate w/brake light contact installed for sale soon (as soon as I get my 1300 back from the Penske shock debacle), in case anyone is interested...LMK
You're selling the mounting plate, but keeping the box?

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I like the Aeroflow. It's the tall model, like me (6'3"). I can keep it very low, just high enough for the dark tinted laminar plate to work. Much quieter than stock and much less buffeting. I sometimes put it as high as 2/3 up on the highway, but not in dirty air...makes the ST twitchy in dirty air or strong crosswinds...kept down near the low end the ST is more stable.

I already have a hearing aid due to many years of riding, loud patrol boats and 30+ years of firearms training. So I ALWAYS wear ear plugs now, a little late, but now always so my hearing doesn't get any worse. The Aeroflow is more to address the exccessive buffetting of the OEM in my case.

Honda top box with Givi rack installed.

Color? I would go with the 03 Silver.... You could always have the bike painted to match....:D
Trying to track down which Givi rack this is in the pic. Anybody know? PM sent to AzDesertRider.

Bike
2006 St1300
cruiserbackrest has them on ebay occasionally. search for bestem 2012 or st1300 trunk or st1100 trunk or a few other related searches. bestem usually works. sometimes they have them, sometimes they dont. i watched for about a month before finding mine in silver
Is there a specific model number? I found a flat black 929 model in 46L at ebay.... Nothing in gloss black yet. Is 2012 the model number?

Top Bottom