Armor Cycleport Tri-Armor vs. Quad Armor

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Has anyone been able to make a first hand comparison between the Cycleport Tri-Armor and the Quad Armor? I just recently purchased some Cycleport gear and opted for the quad armor. I have no experience with any armor per se so I dont really dont have much insight to be able to make any kind of armor comparison at all. I still have the option at this point of exchanging the armor and am wondering if I should do so. No more than what I know at this point the Quad Armor seems to be some really great stuff but I am wondering if the Tri-Armor would be sufficient and maybe more feasible in the Texas climate since there is one less layer to it.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
The wife *tested* the tri-armor with an Air-Mesh jacket; the exterior got scratched and Chris had some bruising.
Chris bought another one of the same.

The ventilation is why we bought mesh so the vented *stuff* is what we went with.

All that being said... when the temp is 118F its hot outside even when you're wearing mesh... so we use a wet vest under it too.

HTH,
Mark

OP
OP
Ken H
Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Mark-
Sounds like the Tri Armor did its job. And that fact that she got the same stuff again is somewhat of an endorsement I suppose. Im glad she came through all of it OK. When she *tested* the Tri Armor what were the particulars if you dont mind my asking.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
No Problem!

Chris was in the left of 3 lanes following a semi truck.
The truck switched into the middle lane and then turned left across the 3rd lane (he was going to Denny's) cutting Chris off.
Chris says she saw a BIG-SEMI in front of her and turned/leaned left... and kept turning left further and further until there wasn't any traction left. She let go of the bike and it high sided. She rolled (helmet damage suggests at least 3 rolls with some skidding included) across traffic coming to a stop near the right curb. A couple of pickup trucks saw it happen and stopped (they said Chris rolls *real good* ;) ) to block traffic.

The motorcycle police and fireman all passed around Chris's Air Mesh motoport jacket and RF1000 because they couldn't believe the protection she got from them.

The guy was cited for making an illegal left turn and Chris's '01 was totaled.
And that's why she's on an '05 and I'm on an '01...

Mark

STOC #
Could you post a web address for these pants. I could not find them on the Cycleport site.

OP
OP
Ken H
Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
No Problem!

Chris was in the left of 3 lanes following a semi truck.
The truck switched into the middle lane and then turned left across the 3rd lane (he was going to Denny's) cutting Chris off.
Chris says she saw a BIG-SEMI in front of her and turned/leaned left... and kept turning left further and further until there wasn't any traction left. She let go of the bike and it high sided. She rolled (helmet damage suggests at least 3 rolls with some skidding included) across traffic coming to a stop near the right curb. A couple of pickup trucks saw it happen and stopped (they said Chris rolls *real good* ;) ) to block traffic.

The motorcycle police and fireman all passed around Chris's Air Mesh motoport jacket and RF1000 because they couldn't believe the protection she got from them.

The guy was cited for making an illegal left turn and Chris's '01 was totaled.
And that's why she's on an '05 and I'm on an '01...

Mark
Wow. That is amazing. Thanks for the report Mark. That leads me to believe the Tri Armor will be plenty sufficient. I will most likely exchange the Quad Armor for the Tri.

Hoosier-
Mark can verify it but I believe he is referring to the Air Mesh Kevlar Pants

Top Bottom