Jackets Under jacket armor ... ??

I've got some jackets that don't contain any armor or other protection. They're pretty nice and I don't want to just toss 'em or give them away .... some have only been worn a couple times.

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the "under the jacket armor" that some manufactures make??

I think Joe Rocket makes a 'under jacket armor' deal. Cost is about $180ish.
Think it looks like this: http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/782

If anyone has such stuff, please let me know your experiences.

Thanx in advance.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
I've got some jackets that don't contain any armor or other protection. They're pretty nice and I don't want to just toss 'em or give them away .... some have only been worn a couple times.

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the "under the jacket armor" that some manufactures make??

I think Joe Rocket makes a 'under jacket armor' deal. Cost is about $180ish.
Think it looks like this: http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/782

If anyone has such stuff, please let me know your experiences.

Thanx in advance.
That is NOT under jacket armor. It is an actual riding jacket with externally mounted armor.
http://www.joerocket.com/productJR.cfm?products_id=426

I'm not sure that under jacket armor is even available and even if it is, it would be a poor compromise.

As far as jackets go with no armor I would not keep them around very long. Unless they were going to only be used as jackets for non riding activities.

John_Diego

Site Supporter
Bike
ST-1300/GL1800
I have some armor that I removed from a Cortex jacket that I threw out. Back, shoulder, and elbow pads, you can can have them for free, you pay for shipping and figure out how to attach them to the inside of the jacket.

John

PM me if your interested.

OP
OP
Bagger
I have some armor that I removed from a Cortex jacket that I threw out. Back, shoulder, and elbow pads, you can can have them for free, you pay for shipping and figure out how to attach them to the inside of the jacket.

John

PM me if your interested.
Thanx for the generous offer, John. I've got some left over armor laying around as well. I don't know exactly how to attach it, tho.

I guess I could have someone make pockets in the liner ... somehow ... and slip the extra armor inside like it fits in plated jackets. I dunno.

I hate to toss or sell nice jackets just because they don't have CE.

STOC #
I looked at the Bohn armor, but after doing a bunch of research, I decided against it. There have been several post here and at other places that say it's not worth spending the money on.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #

For almost 10 years I've used the Bohn back protector that velcros in to my Aerostich Darien Jacket:

http://bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=KC16/17A

I bought this right after someone I know had a pretty bad accident while wearing it. He was in the Rockies and someone pulled out from a side road into his path. In order to avoid a collision with the car he had to swerve off the road into the rocks and trees. He and the bike separated pretty quickly but he kept going, bouncing across the rocks. When he woke up in the hospital, the doc asked him what he had been wearing. When the back protector was described to him (6 horizontal kevlar plates) the doc said ".. that explains it". When asked to elaborate, the doctor said that on the Xrays of his back there were several bruise(?) marks on his spine that corresponded to the plates. The doctor then proceeded to tell the guy that if he hadn't been wearing the back protector, his spine would have been broken in about 3 places. After hearing of this, I figured the $110 (at the time) was really cheap insurance. I've worn it ever since.

Top Bottom