Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here you go:

Looks like I can only upload this one picture, seems I've already uploaded the other 3 pictures of my loaded bike that I have on file at this time.

Guess you'll have to do a search if you want to see all.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Here are pictures of campsites - the one of the bike loaded is what it looks like each time (I have a new water proof bag, but still basically the same load out). Each of these trip were 7-8 days covering between 4400 & 6600 miles

The first picture is at My Rushmore, #2 is a camp site just below My Rushmore, #3 campground in MN, #4 thats Lake Superior in the background, #5 is a small campground in the middle of no where in SE AZ

Attachments

Last edited:

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
We always ride 2-up so we carry a large tent (6x10) with a 6' tall center, a tarp, two sleeping bags, two blankets, two pillows, two pairs of sneekers, etc.

In this picture, we even had our small cooler on top and a back pack on the back for some small, light misc. items.

We were doing about 70mph through the Nevada desert in the picture.

Ray

I'm surprised Joe hasn't posted his yet. I think he is the MotoCamping Guru. As for our bike, I don't have pictures, but I can say we ride two up and everything fits nicely inside all three hard bags. This includes a nice full size air mattress and pump. However, it would not have been possible without the use of compression bags. They are an absolute must have for MotoCamping.

I promised a MotoCamping trip to my wife this year, so it would be great if we could meet up with some other Texans to do a trip somewhere where it is cool, shady and there are some good hiking trails. We'll bring the Phase 10 and Skip Bo.

Texas

Bike
'06 ST1300A
My Avatar pic shows it. Total trip length was somewhat over 20,000 miles... I added a top box and trailer about 1/2 way through, later adding assorted boyos as passengers.

OP
OP
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the pictures everybody! I see the packing runs the gamut from looking like nothing more than a ride to the corner store all the way to looking like the Clampetts moving to California. :D

Trekker - Thanks for the MotoCampers link

Sandman - Can you lean back and use the sleeping bag? as a back rest?

Motomac & MidLife - I did not want to limit the picturs to STs, more pictures equals more ideas.

nm6r - I can't believe you have all that stuff on there. Did you bring any clothing??? :D

Patiodadio - Now that is a load-out. Wow.

Tim4255 - Your picture looks like an ad from a brochure. :bow1: I don't see any extra gear?

OP
OP
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
I'm surprised Joe hasn't posted his yet. I think he is the MotoCamping Guru. As for our bike, I don't have pictures, but I can say we ride two up and everything fits nicely inside all three hard bags. This includes a nice full size air mattress and pump. However, it would not have been possible without the use of compression bags. They are an absolute must have for MotoCamping.

I promised a MotoCamping trip to my wife this year, so it would be great if we could meet up with some other Texans to do a trip somewhere where it is cool, shady and there are some good hiking trails. We'll bring the Phase 10 and Skip Bo.

Texas
Cool, shady, and hiking sounds good. I will not camp in Texas unless there is a place to swim too.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #
Well....not an ST but here's mine. I haven't owned a car since 2001 and have been doing everything on sportbikes. Here's my 2005 Suzuki SV1000s loaded for camping. I put 30k on her in the first year and traded her in for the ST with 44k.

Attachments

Bike
2003 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Tim4255 - Your picture looks like an ad from a brochure. :bow1: I don't see any extra gear?
There are tent poles in a black bag strapped to the rear grab rail in front of the top box. The tent, is split between the two saddlebags and thermarest pads, sleeping bags, ground cloth, plastic hammer for putting stakes in the ground are also in the two saddlebags. The top box holds the rest of our stuff (clothes etc...) I thought I had some pictures of how the bags were packed but I can't find them at the moment.

Tim :03biker:

Top Bottom