Strapping down an st1300 on a trailer.

OP
OP
roadriderg
Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
Trailering your bike is a disease we can help you overcome. Just call 1-800-scared2ride for your free consultation.
I truly understand making "The Boss" happy,Thats why I got my wife her own bike and now we go camping together with just the bikes. (no Kids)
1-800-scared2ride!! Not this soul! ;)

If only she could or would want to ride. That, for certain, is not in her making!!

Gary
:04biker:

OP
OP
roadriderg
Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
I noticed you're in Huntington Beach......if you want, one of these days we can arrange to meet up and I can help show you how to strap it down.

Thanks for the offer. I am going to do a trial hookup this weekend to see how it works. I will pm you if I need some help. I live in the Huntington harbor area.

Gary

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #
Thanks for the offer. I am going to do a trial hookup this weekend to see how it works. I will pm you if I need some help. I live in the Huntington harbor area.

Gary
No problem......I have an aunt & newly retired uncle out that way, so I can always turn the trip into a visit to them afterwards. :D

Bike
2010 ST1300
When I picked my bike up, I had to trailer it home. Somewhere I had read never to use the handlebars as an anchor point - I don't know anything about the suggested ties above. I will second the suggestion to take off the tip over plastic guards and use the steel tubing as an anchor point and to use the ratchets to get the bike up and off the side stand. I also tied the front wheel to the front rail of the U-haul trailer - this gave me lateral and fore and aft anchoring. I then used ratchet ties to secure the rear wheel - to prevent it from sliding to either side and to give me additional fore and aft reinforcement. Then I went back and doubled up the ties to the tip over guards. I checked the straps at every stop, and had no problems with movement or loosening ties.

Good luck! Have a wonderful trip!

Top Bottom