OH: Tag

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
OK, since Rob started this for AZ, I thought I would go ahead and start an OHIO version.:hat1:

See Rob's thread for destructions on how to play...

Now, GO RIDE!

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Ohio Photo TAG!

OK, since Rob started this for AZ, I thought I would go ahead and start an OHIO version.:hat1:

See Rob's thread for destructions on how to play...

Now, GO RIDE!
hey - Speeding Violation - you can't start it unless you have a picture.... :nuts1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: OH: TAG!

Ride up there early Monday...stay the night...ride home Tuesday...

That's tempting...dangerously so...
Don't forget the rules... you'd have to also post a pic of the origin location and another one to keep the process going... LOL

I'm rooting for ya.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: OH: TAG!

I'd have to get the rear tire swapped out and that ain't happening by Monday. It took a beating in the hill country and now is a little past the wear bars with nicks and cuts from the gravel parking lots down there.

I'll toodle around town on it but am holding off on a new tire until closer to the Cali departure. I am seriously tempted to call Cycle Werkz!! and get a new rear tire on order, though.

Dee would kill me. I would have Jimmy Hoffa as my neighbor. It would be worth it though...:D

I need to go find something else to do before I start packing.
LOL...

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Re: OH:Tag

Oh man, this is soooooo not fair. I had no idea there was an OH tag!!! And you snuck it while I was up north frolicking with bears and bison!!! And no bumps to draw any attention since my dead brothers birthday!!! I will be in southern Ohio tomorrow!!! And you know the tag will not remain in SOUTHERN Ohio.

OP
OP
sirepair

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #

Yea!! Finally getting this moving! I thought I was going to have to play TAG with myself....

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

Well it was an absolutely gorgeous day the whole 454.8 miles. The warmest I saw was 72. The coolest I saw was 42. Lots of sunshine down south. got really cloudy as I entered my county, but still 68. So let's see, I got Pat's tag after running all over a couple of State Parks down there. My tag is one everyone that rides motorcycles in Ohio should visit at least once. I had my Brother's name engraved on the wall several years ago and visit this place a couple of times a year. I had another tag in mind until I read Forgitaboutit's last WI tag and that reminded me this would work better than my other tag. Maybe next time. Good Luck with this one, there are some terrific roads in the area.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
ST

Mack,
This is your lucky day and my bad day.
I rode 469 miles today to take pictures of your tag In the Hopedale MMF
It was not too hard to find.
When I tried to place my pictures on the computer I erased them.
It was a great day, 70 degrees most of the day. I counted around twenty six deer kills on the roadway and just missed one live one.

Paul:biker:

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

Mack,
This is your lucky day and my bad day.
I rode 469 miles today to take pictures of your tag In the Hopedale MMF
It was not too hard to find.
When I tried to place my pictures on the computer I erased them.
It was a great day, 70 degrees most of the day. I counted around twenty six deer kills on the roadway and just missed one live one.

Paul:biker:
Paul, I take it the pictures were erased from your camera card. If not try reposting them. I agree we have had some rather warm and sunny days for November. Sorry about your long trip with no visible results.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Out of sight but not out of reach:
temp 21 002.jpg temp 21 001.jpg temp 22 007.jpg

First three are Mac's tag, located behind the VFW in Hopedale, OH. They were setting up for their big Memorial Day event when I pulled in, very friendly folks. This monument was funded by and is cared for by the Ohio Abate. Nicely done.

The new Tag is not far away. 6 new flag poles, just set last Saturday, to hold the six services' flags. They will be flying Monday.
temp 22 005.jpg temp 22 004.jpg temp 22 006.jpg

All this seems especially appropriate as 5-27 is the 15th anniversary of Derek's death. He was killed on Friday, 5-27, Memorial Day Weekend, 1994. He was both Motocyclist and Vet (3rd Infantry, Old Guard Fife And Drum Corps, President's Honor Guard.)

I still miss my boy.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Thanks for moving it George! Next time I'm home, I'll move it. That's sure is an appropriate tag for this time of year. I've been to the Motorcycle Memorial when they were putting more names on the wall for Memorial Day.

OP
OP
sirepair

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I'm glad somebody finally got Mac's tag, but I was planning on getting it this weekend...:cry:

Guess I'll have to find George's now! (wonder if I can beat Mac to it?)

Top Bottom