How fast have you had your ST?

Bike
st1300 vfr800
I was out today and went fast enough to peel the paint off the front ,hitting the ice pellets on the front just made the paint disappear .

223 kph, according to my Z?mo 220. In a Germany?s Autobahn with no speed limit, heading to Elefantentreffen Gathering in 2011. By the way no weave at all...

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
About 95. Have only had my ST since June and I'm still getting used to it. I had my '80 CB900 up to 120 or 125 but that's when I was only 25 years old and single. I'm 60 now, have 3 kids and a wife and have a much better handle on my own mortality so I doubt if I will ever go that fast again.
Interesting,, Fast Ed,,, I still ride my originally owned '81 CB900c weekly. And I plan to keep on doing that for another 35 years !! So I have not had my new to me ST13 up to 160kmph yet. I suspect I will one day soon,,, but only on the right stretch of road,,, and it will likely be all too easy to do. Frankly,,, my old CB's are too flexible to comfortable at those speeds,,, but the ST was built for it,, and if it had a 6th gear it would be hard not to go 100mph+. Ride safe,,, Cat'

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I've had my ST 1100 up to 235 km/h (145 MPH) on the autobahn in Germany. But, to be honest, I didn't really like it at that speed. The front wheel started to get kind of light, and it wasn't much fun riding at that speed (it required too much concentration).

I've found that about 160 km/h (100 MPH) is a comfortable cruising speed on the German autobahns. The bike is pretty solid, and it still has quite a bit left in reserve.

As for the ST 1300, the bike I keep in Canada... I haven't been over 75 MPH on that one. I'm a bit too concerned about all that has been written about weave, wobble, stuff like that. Besides, I don't want the tickets and other headaches that come with high speed here in North America.

Michael

Bike
2005 ST1300
I've had my ST 1100 up to 235 km/h (145 MPH) on the autobahn in Germany. But, to be honest, I didn't really like it at that speed. The front wheel started to get kind of light, and it wasn't much fun riding at that speed (it required too much concentration).

I've found that about 160 km/h (100 MPH) is a comfortable cruising speed on the German autobahns. The bike is pretty solid, and it still has quite a bit left in reserve.

As for the ST 1300, the bike I keep in Canada... I haven't been over 75 MPH on that one. I'm a bit too concerned about all that has been written about weave, wobble, stuff like that. Besides, I don't want the tickets and other headaches that come with high speed here in North America.

Michael
Exactly my experience but I only went 125 (135 speedo). I have always wondered if the lightness would go away if I removed the windshield or had a very short one. I have only gone this speed once on a very bare and lonely highway in Colorado.

At 100-105 (110-115 speedo) mine feels solid. Feels like 65 did on my old Vulcan bagger.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just finished a Hayabusa fork conversion on my '06 ST. Besides gaining all the adjustment of the 'Busa front end, the real benefit IMO is a gain of about .600" of trail because of the "flatter" triple trees.

All the high speed quirkiness is gone. It's solid as a rock in semi-truck turbulence ( previously my biggest complaint) and it's possible to dial in a really nice ride.

I have not had the opportunity to ride it back to back against a stock one to judge how much it slowed down the crispness of the handling but, I can say it sure didn't ruin the handling IMO. Much better in high speed sweepers

and much happier above 100mph and in windy conditions. The stock trail of 3.9" is Buell territory and as a long time Buell rider I can say that you do pay a price in stability to run that kind of trail.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I had my NTM 07 at about 120 on the test ride the day I bought it. I'm still getting used to it, and it tends to creep up to about 100 on an empty highway. At 130 it starts the "weave" I feel it could punch through the weave, but I really will never have the need for that kind of velocity. Maybe 20 years ago... :policeST::07biker:

Strange to note: Mine was retired from police service, and maybe it's just me, but it seems to have a bit more "oomph" than my 03 did. I was told that the FI mapping is slightly different. That being said, I think mine was a civilian model converted to Police duty, so I don't really know.

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
The answer to the OP's question is highly classified. I could say, but then I'd have to upload an animated .gif my Men in Black stick so no one would remember forevermore, and that might get me banned, although the Mods might not remember to ban me once they saw it, so perhaps I'd be safe. I still can't say, just in case someone has those fancy-dancy Men in Black dark shades that block the MiB stick effect.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I just finished a Hayabusa fork conversion on my '06 ST. Besides gaining all the adjustment of the 'Busa front end, the real benefit IMO is a gain of about .600" of trail because of the "flatter" triple trees.

All the high speed quirkiness is gone. It's solid as a rock in semi-truck turbulence ( previously my biggest complaint) and it's possible to dial in a really nice ride.

I have not had the opportunity to ride it back to back against a stock one to judge how much it slowed down the crispness of the handling but, I can say it sure didn't ruin the handling IMO. Much better in high speed sweepers

and much happier above 100mph and in windy conditions. The stock trail of 3.9" is Buell territory and as a long time Buell rider I can say that you do pay a price in stability to run that kind of trail.[/QUOTE

I would like to see pics of this fork conversion.....

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
While I certainly can't match some of the figures posted here, I can honestly say I have been as fast as I want to go on two wheels.............okay, maybe a little over as fast as I wanted, but it gets like that sometimes.

Seen 120mph indicated as I rolled back on the throttle, realizing my days for those speeds were 20 yrs earlier.

Speed limit is 70 mph by me. My 94 ST has been just around 100 for very short bursts, but cruises usually in the low 80s.
GPS has confirmed speedo up to the 80s, can't vouch for how accurate the speedo is above that.

chiller

Chowdah Ridah
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Forgot
is there a write up on this ?

and much happier above 100mph and in windy conditions. The stock trail of 3.9" is Buell territory and as a long time Buell rider I can say that you do pay a price in stability to run that kind of trail.

Top Bottom