How fast have you had your ST?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
... you can get those speeds either in a commercial jet during descent OR from erroneous GPS triangulation.

As the GPS starts up (or loses satellite triangulation), it gets confused and triangulates itself at a FALSE location. As it regains additional satellite signals, it then triangulates its correct location. It then dutifully calculates the speed of the very quick location change from the FALSE location to the correct location, producing very high erroneous speeds.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Someone ( can't remember who) hit 135 on my St 1300. This person began to feel weave onset so backed off. This person also hit 110 on a 1972 Norton Commando - seems the Norton adventure felt faster than the Honda - ( so I was told )

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Never needed to go faster than 160 kph to pass anything in front of me. At that speed the co-pilot starts to vocalize and I come to my senses again. I can imagine doing more on a closed track or runway but I just can't control the other drivers on the road well enough to trust doing it in traffic.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
95+ on both my ST's. If you are caught in the middle of a Texas 'Redneck Rodeo', you have to keep up, out run it, or be the speed bump. 95 seems to be their limiting speed.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
While we are trying to ride fast, maybe hide from the ticket givers, I thought I'd share a little info about their top speed. All P models are limited to a top speed of 114mph for legal reasons. I happen to know the ST1300 are given a "chip" to limit its speed. You can buy these chips on eBay but I don't know why anyone would want to.

Top Bottom