PA: Tag

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Tons of color although not anywhere near peak.. I rode from Grantsville, MD back home to Buffalo. Wednesday they didn't seem as colorful as today

are you able to tell the new tag? I chose it mainly due to its proximity to the bridge

scootac

Will Ride for Food
4 places by that name in PA according to google, but trip advisor had a pic of only one with an old pick-up in front.
So, despite my earlier post.... I could find it!
What's so cool about it?

Bike
2000 ST1100
4 places by that name in PA according to google, but trip advisor had a pic of only one with an old pick-up in front.
So, despite my earlier post.... I could find it!
What's so cool about it?
Look at street view on Google maps, across the street from the bar.....

Bike
2000 ST1100
The Kinzua bridge was the interesting thing nearby, I AM NOT MAKING THIS THE DROP BUT HERE IS A PIC.

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100
And the Drop, I'll give one clue to start. It is the LONGEST, Concrete Multiple-Arch Bridge in the World. The pic is taken from the east side. I can give more clues if needed. Another tid bit. Today was my second 500 mile day, just barely but its 500. Its the second pic.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks for posting the pic of the Kinzua Bridge... BTW I've been over the new tag a couple of times....
BTW2 Nice bike!

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Originally I was going to get permission to ride the bike out to the bridge, but realized most others wouldn't be able to do the same. ( I had asked permission to paddle walk it)
Good new tag pic. I know where it is but don't plan on getting there before Christmas.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Thanks Mr dog.
I was hoping it didn't have to be a secret like so much of this tag stuff winds up being.
Although there is some small amusement value to be had in making the tags at least minimally obscure, and in hunting for them, it's been pointed out many times-- and I wholeheartedly agree-- that the game is "TAG" and not "Hide and Seek". Particularly so if you want out of state riders to participate- and who wouldn't want nerSteve, Kendoo, and Ziamon (not to mention MotoMac, who started so many of the tags) to join in the fun?

Since I live in a state where the tag was (jokingly) ostensibly set to a blade of grass along an arbitrary stretch of road (where it languished for two and a half years) I try to make sure that my tags are (a) find-able by people not familiar with the area, and (b) worth the trouble to go find. Glad to see there are others in adjoining states with similar principles; I hope to move the PA tag someday myself, as our friends from PA have been so kind to do for us here in the Old Line State.

Bike
2000 ST1100
The PA tag that was in Shamokin a year or so ago was tough, with the tagger offering no clues...

I see this as an excuse to go ride, and to have people go find cool stuff. I usually try to google the thing I'm designating as a tag to make sure it is findable.

Top Bottom