Victory Vision looking better

Well, I stepped up to the plate and accepted their challenge to test ride the Vision and I must admit that if you are a sport tourer purist this bike is not for you. However, if you have riden a V-twin in you past life this bike is a welcomed breath of fresh air. Victory readily admits that the styling of this bike was "Love it or hate it" proposistion. As a sport tourer and v-twin rider I enjoyed the test ride as the bike was very large but handled like a much smaller bike and could be riden aggressively enough to surprise the most ardent sport tourer. It is a v-twin and it does vibrate which is a salent feature that v-twin riders accept and cherish like us sport tourers accept our quite smooth ST1300. As a matter of preference, a 2008 Premium Midnight Cherry Street followed me home.

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
I got a chance to check one out last year on the way back from Redmond and i think that it looks better in person.

Correct me if you want but the "no tail trunk" has been an option since the beginning, the one I saw and sat on did not have it when they were still doing dealer checkout rides.

Chris :06biker:

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Well, I think Rick Gibson's Starlight Coupe is the most beautiful automobile ever built. Beats the '56 Golden hawk just a touch.:)

So, now that everybody knows, I think that is a huge improvement. They might get it right, yet....

One great thing about the Vision, a radical piece of fluff that they are sure will catch on.......

Tip over wings that will protect the investment in a 0 speed crash. I 'bout crushed the demonstrator when I told him my '93 Honda had them too:)

Bike
2005 ST
Every time I see this bike it reminds me of a line from the movie Christine ...... " You can't polish a turd " .

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA
One day, when they are selling at Barrett Jackson for three times the price of a new home, we will all wish that we had bought several of them. They're priced right in the $20K range and that makes them affordable. I work with a ER Nurse who rides a > $50K Custom Chopper to work. I keep trying to get Craig to do a Kingman, AZ. for lunch run with us. He says that we are crazy to ride 900 Miles in one day. He may not ride that Dig Dog whatever it is that much in 6 months. Just imagine if one of us was smart enough to buy a Vision Touring with 0 Miles and Mothball It. We could be rich. :D:D:D:D:D:D

STOC #
Yes, but you still have a Gold Wing.
Is that a bad thing? I don't buy motorcycles to store and hope they accrue in collector value. :)

BTW, those vehicles sold at Jackson-Barrett are generally not high volume production sale cars. A pristine Vision would probably have some value in 30 years but it's not going to be an exotic.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I like the vision and applaud the fact that Victory had the guts to come out with it. I don't think I would own one, but I like the fact that it's there.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
I personally love the styling, except for the "monocle" portion of the headlights. I've test ridden the Victory (I'll test ride almost anything if there's a free T-shirt involved!), and while the bike did handle surprisingly well, it suffered from two riding flaws. First, as noted by others, it was way to vibey. Second, the seat height. When I started to ask the Victory reps about the seat height, they interrupted and let me know that there's various ways of lowering the bike. I looked at 'em and said "I don't want it lower, I want to raise it about 5 inches!!" Rep looked like a dead ringer for a deer in the headlights on that one, he'd never heard anybody looking at a cruiser who wanted to raise the seat.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I've only seen the pictures but I think it's a lot more attractive than a "RUNE"
...but not much more. Where did Honda come up with that? :eek:

Bike
06 ST1300
Having been totaly enamored with the Victory Vision since photos were released, I made a trip to the Atlanta bike show in February of '07. Even then both the Street and Tour options were advertised. Folks got a chance to sit on one even though they still didn't say what the engine size was going to be. At the '08 Toronto bike show, the sales rep for Victory did something I have never seen. He pushed the bike over to show that it was able to protect itself and the rider (within reason) and how easy it was to right. I lifted it without much effort. I still purchased an ST1300 because of the wheee!! factor and I don't really like the cruise riding position. At Americade, I got to ride a Vision and I feel I made the right choice for myself. I felt the bike was very easy to manuever at both high and low speeds, a pleasant surprise, but didn't seem to have very much power.

I rode one about 10 miles the other day. GReat handling tour bike. Best big (and i mean big) V-twin I have ridden. Mirrors that really work, electric windshield...although about a half inch of distortion along the top edge most likley from bending out for airflow. Lousy slow speed handling but once going it rocked. i would like to take one on 100 mile trip jus to see how it feels. styling is not an issue for me on it. It looks a lot different from the HD crowd so it does set you out as a individual (pirate clothing optional). I think the Ness team had some input into it. Sorta looks like what Arlen Nesss would think of for a tuperware bike.

JimS

Today is a Good Day to Ride
Bike
'06
STOC #
I like the vision and applaud the fact that Victory had the guts to come out with it. I don't think I would own one, but I like the fact that it's there.
+1 on that. Kudos to Victory for making a cruiser which doesn't try to look like every other cruiser which try to look like a Harley.

Agree about no ABS. With this fancy of a bike, ABS should at least be an option.

Jim

Bike
Goldwing
The Vision is one of my wants. Ridden a demo, and that cinched it! Ya gotta remember there are different scoots for different rides and people. I like the full tour model, as the bags don't offer tremendous space. The floorboards will let any rider move around more than needed, and that's needed.:)

They "upped" their 100 to 106cc for this more equipped model. And six speeds is cool too. All said, my ST isn't going anywhere, but I like the Vision too....and the Wing...Valk....and too many things. I collect things that way...too many things.:eek::D

Top Bottom