Victory Vision looking better

To me it might have more appeal if they had actually put an engine on it.No matter what names you put on 'em a v-twins a v-twin a v-twin. I never have liked them.

JimS

Today is a Good Day to Ride
Bike
'06
STOC #
Took a seat on one of these today. What a cruiser! Reminds me of my 70 Monte Carlo when I was a kid, with that long front end. I think you could have lunch on the tank. May just have to test ride one. Oh, if I were a rich man...

Bike
Goldwing
Well they can be found right now, for the same as an ST with a couple of add-ons.....BUT, if one wanted the 10th Anniversary Edition (one of us would like one), now that one is expensive!

Did the demo, and got the tee shirt, and I've sent others over too that were interested. Until my STable can house more than one, I'm STill ridin':07biker:.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
So a while back the wife and I took a test ride when they were doing a promo in our area. One big advantage to these is the very low seat hight, so my wife could even ride it! Well, it is kind of like riding a land-yacht. It is HUGE! I was laughing half the time, it was almost silly. Comfortable as all hell, I could easily see cruising 300 miles on that thing at a time. The dashboard options are crazy silly, like the cockpit of an airplane really.

The bike's downfall in my mind was the engine. It is a nice V-twin 6 speed with plenty of torque. But you have NO RPM space to play with. You go from 2k - 4k then switch. The thing red-lines at 5500! In town you switch gears every three seconds and it is rather annoying. Gimme the Honda engine with 2k - 7k any day.

Aesthetically I like the bike, it is instantly recognizable, funky, and breaks the mold a bit. But then I am one of the wierd ones who likes the look of the Aztek, smart cars, PT-Cruiser and the H2. Sticking with the ST, but my test-ride was one of my motorcycling highlights thus far.

STOC #
The bike's downfall in my mind was the engine. It is a nice V-twin 6 speed with plenty of torque. But you have NO RPM space to play with. You go from 2k - 4k then switch. The thing red-lines at 5500! In town you switch gears every three seconds and it is rather annoying. Gimme the Honda engine with 2k - 7k any day.
That's going to be true with any big V-twin. I demoed a VTX 1800, once upon a time. Was totally unprepared for all the shifting I had to do. Exact opposite of my old V65, which effectively has an 8000 rpm usable range.

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
I've been through many bikes. My new toy, 2008 Victory Vision, is hands down the best touring & comfortable bike I've ever own. Just sold my 2003 ST1300, as it's just collecting dust while I'm racking up the mileage on the Vision.

I do admit that I've spent thousands on chrome upgrades and performance parts on the Vision. The ST1300 can't be beat for reliability and smoothness.

STOC #
Congrats Majorfubar! My wife and I both really like the Vision's looks, and she's been for a ride as a passenger on one and absolutely loved it. I have a demo ride scheduled June 12th, we'll see how that goes. :)

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I've been wondering about what type of bike I'd like for a second bike. I really like the KLR650, but since I've already had one, I'm not interested in going over plowed ground. While leading a group of 20 other bikes this past weekend, I spotted two Victory Visions riding down the highway. As luck would have it, we all rode the same ferry between Surry and Jamestown, VA.

I don't care about what others think, I like the Vision's appearance. In fact, it has a few styling cues reminiscent of the ST1300 ... look at the V-shape above the head & tail lights. No, it's far from being a sports touring machine, but that's OK because I already have one. I'm hankering for something different and interesting. I like that it's also not immediately akin to the typical V-twin cruiser.

FWIW, I thought the ST1300 was fugly when I first compared sports touring bikes. I kind of hoped my selection back then would be for the FJR1300 because it looks better (IMHO), and because my very first MC was a Yamaha. I've been very impressed with my ST, and I do not know what I'll do when it comes time to replace it. OK ... I guess I could buy a newer model. Bottom line for the ST is I've grown to like it immensely. Likewise, the Vision has started to grow likeable images wihin my skull.

Bike
ST1300/ABS
There's a newer version of the Victory Vison called the "Street."

It does not have the funky top case, and BOY does the bike look better.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2008-Victory-Vision-Gallery/Vision-Street-Rear-High.htm

This could be my next commuter. I wish it had an option for a smaller size engine. Like say a 1300cc instead of a 1700cc. You wouldn't be like Clarkson going "Powwwwwerrr!" But at least you would have twenty extra bucks in your pocket when you got to where you are going.
I'm starting to like the Victory Vision, plus that Street model is a vast improvement!!!:bat1:

Top Bottom