Armor Draggin Jeans armor

I've had the Draggin Jeans for a few years and a lot of miles. Not too bad for hot weather. Good abrasion protection in knees and seat. I wanted some impact protection, too, so got their knee armor (made by Knox) but couldn't get it to stay in place. Velcro is supposed to attach the pads to the kevlar patches in the jeans. Bad idea. When I retired my old Roadcrafter suit recently I noted that those knee pads would be a perfect fit in the jeans. With the Velcro idea trashed, I carefully picked open the seam across the top of the kevlar patch, starting at the inseam and going only halfway across the knee. That gives just enough room to get the Roadcrafter knee pads into the pockets now formed between the denim and kevlar. Since I am no seamstress, I am unable to use sewing to keep the remaining stitches from unraveling. So I rubbed a little household cement into the threads, and...voila! Riding today proved very comfortable for my knees, but a little warm. The jeans look a little odd around the knees when standing now, but the protection offered is worth it.

OP
OP
pepollock
Great idea, Byg! HD has several kinds including hard shell and some really cheap, contoured foam knee pads. Never thought of it, and I work at HD! :eek::

Bike
2000 ST1100PY
Why don't you just use the draggin jeans armor in the draggin jeans?? Ask your dealer to order some in!, I doubt they would ever think to just order some for stock!

Bike
Kawasaki Versys 1000
I have Draggin jeans and purchased their hip and knee armor pads. They would not stay in place very well so I took my sailing needles and thread and used a sewing palm to attach a long strip of velcro to the kevlar layer right down the middle. Now the pads stick really well. I feel a bit more protected with the armor than with out. I sewed just a few stitched in a few strategic areas, not the whole velcro strip and the modification has lasted since last April and I ride a few times a week.

Bike
Kawasaki Versys 1000
I have Draggin jeans and purchased their hip and knee armor pads. They would not stay in place very well so I took my sailing needles and thread and used a sewing palm to attach a long strip of velcro to the kevlar layer right down the middle. Now the pads stick really well. I feel a bit more protected with the armor than with out. I sewed just a few stitched in a few strategic areas, not the whole velcro strip and the modification has lasted since last April and I ride a few times a week.
Follow up to the Draggin Jeans Armor-

On my last trip I had not one but 2 knee pads get away from me and I was stumped but they blew away. I ride a cruiser and will sometimes put my lets on the crash bars. A habit that I have stopped when the 2nd yellow jacket flew up my pants.....velcro is not a good way to attach armor.

There is more to surviving a dismount than kevlar saving your skin. You also need padding to absorb the impact and after a few thousand miles in the Motoport Jeans anything else feels nekkid. I searched for a better solution than the Knox from Draggin. I have just sewn in the hip armor and they are not going anywhere. I tried to sew in the knee but they ripped out and sewing did not work.

I talked to Revzilla and they told me about their choices in leg armor.
So now I have a set of Dianese Knee V Armor- They attach to your legs with 3 velcro straps. Cost was 70 bucks but I find the peace of mind worth it. They are left and right fitting and I find I can wear them off the bike and hike around. They really do stay in place and do not cause excessive sweating. They cover the knee and extend down to the top of the shin. They fit nicely in my 12" Chippewa Rally boots (awesome boots for cruiser riders)

If you want to upgrade your Draggin Jeans I suggest checking the DIanese out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom