Article [13] ST1300 - Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control Install (by nm6r)

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I am about done with my install. The one thing I am not sure about, don't recall how I did this the last time I did the install, has to do with the jumper next to the dip switches. There was no mention of the setting for the jumper. I have to open mine up again to verify but the jumper should be in the off setting (jumper removed) from my understanding from the manual. The manual states that the jumper needs to be removed if the vehicle has a manual transmission. So I plan on pulling it.
Yeah, pull that sucker out!

** edit ** hah! I didn't see the date on your post til I already sent this one! Oops! You probably did pull that jumper out... Last year!

Last edited:
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I know this is an old thread. I just want to know how long the install from a Low to mid-level DIY guy to do this. Also how difficult do you think this is? I do not want to get half way through and say "What did I get myself into? Thank you.

-Ray
I have only done this install on an 1100 so I don't know how much more involved the process would be on the 1300 but any good DIY'er could do this project in a day. It is by far one of the best farkles you can do if you spend any time at all on the slab!

Bike
2006 ST1300
I commute 122 miles round trip a day. The throttle spring is a real killer. My choices right now are either the Cruise Control, Break Away, or the Omni-Cruise. Omni-Cruise only there for $$ considerations.

Bike
1300A
Sorry to revive an old thread but I got a question, I am replacein vacuum lines and would like to put the check valve back in but I forgot where and you said between the engine and control. Hopefully the picture is linked or shown. If not will try again.

Sketch.jpg

Bike
2004 ST1300
I am in the middle of installing the Audiovox CC on my bike. I am having trouble locating an 1/8" check valve....looked at all local parts stores with no luck. I was thinking that if the vacuum canister is not needed, we probably do not need the check valve either, as its purpose is to keep the vacuum in the canister to have available to the servo. I do not see how this check valve would be needed at all without the vacuum tank. Any thoughts??
Thanks.

v8-7

Site Supporter
I think the check valve is before the tee.. so it can feed back the vac w/o the check valve.

You need a check valve in between the vacuum source and the servo unit..

Last edited:
Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I am in the middle of installing the Audiovox CC on my bike. I am having trouble locating an 1/8" check valve....looked at all local parts stores with no luck. I was thinking that if the vacuum canister is not needed, we probably do not need the check valve either, as its purpose is to keep the vacuum in the canister to have available to the servo. I do not see how this check valve would be needed at all without the vacuum tank. Any thoughts??
Thanks.
IIRC, my 98 Grand Cherokee uses one for the heater controls and the CC. I'll look tommorow.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Thanks for the replies. I did ask at NAPA and they did not have one. I did not ask if they could get one. After looking back at the beginning instructions here, the NAPA number is for a 3/16" barbed valve. Will the 1/8" hose slide onto that?
I am still puzzled as to why we even need one if not using a canister, but hey, I am puzzled most of the time! :)

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
Ok, I was wr...wr.....wrong. The hose IS 3/16" and Napa can get a check valve tomorrow. All is well!

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013
Best instructions I have seen. Made the installation a lot easier. Worked right out of the box with these instructions.Thank you so very much. When engaging the Cruise, I find it really jumps into action. Any way to reduce the bump.

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
I know this is an old tread, but does anyone know if the Audiovox CCS 100 cruise control is still being made? and where I could find one?

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I know this is an old tread, but does anyone know if the Audiovox CCS 100 cruise control is still being made? and where I could find one?
The Rostra is the replacement and is a better unit. Larry has given you the model number. The Rostra is electronic and doesn’t require vacuum lines.
For the amount of work involved in installing the unit and having to source parts from different venders, I would highly recommend McCruise from Australia. There is a sticker shock but once you start adding up the cost of components, it’s a good deal. The best part is the throttle interface which is very easy to connect the throttle cables to.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
The Rostra is the replacement and is a better unit. Larry has given you the model number. The Rostra is electronic and doesn’t require vacuum lines.
For the amount of work involved in installing the unit and having to source parts from different venders, I would highly recommend McCruise from Australia. There is a sticker shock but once you start adding up the cost of components, it’s a good deal. The best part is the throttle interface which is very easy to connect the throttle cables to.
@RichKat What he said...

The MCCruise results in an OEM quality installation when done. It's all plug and play with no wire cutting or other permanent changes to the bike. They made some general hardware - like the control unit, switchgear, servo and cable interface unit - then personalize them with a wiring harness and code designed specifically for your bike.

None of that would matter if it didn't work... but it does. And perfectly.

Their customer support is top-notch if you appreciate the time-zone difference between Melbourne, AUS and anywhere in the US. I had several exchanges with Tony Guymer, one of the co-founders and owners, before I finally placed my order. And some help after that fact for customizing button functions.

@970mike took the plunge shortly after I did and his feedback to me has been virtually the same. Feel free to ask any questions you might think of.

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
@RichKat What he said...

The MCCruise results in an OEM quality installation when done. It's all plug and play with no wire cutting or other permanent changes to the bike. They made some general hardware - like the control unit, switchgear, servo and cable interface unit - then personalize them with a wiring harness and code designed specifically for your bike.

None of that would matter if it didn't work... but it does. And perfectly.

Their customer support is top-notch if you appreciate the time-zone difference between Melbourne, AUS and anywhere in the US. I had several exchanges with Tony Guymer, one of the co-founders and owners, before I finally placed my order. And some help after that fact for customizing button functions.

@970mike took the plunge shortly after I did and his feedback to me has been virtually the same. Feel free to ask any questions you might think of.
$1165???? a bit above my price range I'm afraid

Top Bottom