Conti Road Attack: initial report

Bike
2003 ST1300
I love these tires. 200 miles on the set. They only asked to be worked hard. The essence of the tire is neutral, requiring little input in a straight line or banked turn. Full confidence at passing speeds. Turns are more relaxed than my Sportmax predecessors and its a quiet tire. I had heard the tire 'falls' into a turn, but I sense it doesn't so much fall as simply follow your thoughts. I am impressed by the integrity of this German tire engineering, and it shows in the ride. Even at 42 psi, the ride seems plush, but not soft. What remains is to see how they perform in the rain.

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Good report. I'll be interested in the rain results.

I have no experience with Conti motorcycle tires, but used a slew of Conti bicycle tires back during my younger days, riding and racing bicycles. After trying several brands Continental became my tire brand of choice.

stellarpod

I have an old wheels (GS1000 Suzuki) still fitted with some early 80s Contis. In the Old days Contis were more for BMWs and did not suit Japannese 4s. Simpler times...

I'm about to install a set of Road Atacks on my 06, in hopes they perform as well as they do on my 94 CBR1000F. On the CBR, they were outstanding wet or dry. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Bike
'05 ST 1300
i have about 3500 on my conti tires. been in the rain 3 times with no problems. very happy with them.
I've ridden about 200 miles in the hard rain this week and the Conti Road Attack has been a very good performer. With 4000 miles on the rear it is starting to show some wear as most of my riding has been highway miles.

Top Bottom